Looking for a new spot this weekend

Howdy TT - hoping to get suggestions on a good NEW spot to ride and camp this weekend. Our favorite place is Snyder creek but it is closed until June. Have also ridden Tarryall, Fourmile, Texas creek, Hardscrabble, rampart, divide, etc. never camped in any of those. Any thoughts? Is Sargents open yet?  Also noticed a new area southwest of Canon City and Texas Creek around Fairview, curious if there is any decent riding out there. Appreciate any help so we can get out of here this weekend!

steve 

ps - for what it’s worth, I know us dirt bikers can hold these things pretty close to the vest, just know though that I’m one of the good ones, volunteer for trail maintenance, leave no trace, respects other riders, and generally tries to improve our image

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, sgmartz said:

Howdy TT - hoping to get suggestions on a good NEW spot to ride and camp this weekend. Our favorite place is Snyder creek but it is closed until June. Have also ridden Tarryall, Fourmile, Texas creek, Hardscrabble, rampart, divide, etc. never camped in any of those. Any thoughts? Is Sargents open yet?  Also noticed a new area southwest of Canon City and Texas Creek around Fairview, curious if there is any decent riding out there. Appreciate any help so we can get out of here this weekend!

steve 

ps - for what it’s worth, I know us dirt bikers can hold these things pretty close to the vest, just know though that I’m one of the good ones, volunteer for trail maintenance, leave no trace, respects other riders, and generally tries to improve our image

you might as well go join the masses at Rabbit Valley.

The high country (sargents etc) still has snow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rampart still closed for mud season, Divide will likely be a zoo this weekend. We were there last Sunday, and it's mostly dry and dusty. Texas Creek is about 1 day of riding, I would not personally choose to camp there. Anything in the high country will still be under snow, so we're stuck with what we have for options now. 

Once Snyder clears and if you would like to assist, we are helping the Sulphur Ranger district finish the last couple miles of NEW SINGLETRACK that will tie Gilsonite to Illinois Gulch. Wife and I built the new bridge on the north end last summer. rest of the trail is close to being done, just needs some hands on hard work over a weekend. Could use all the help we can get.

bridge7.thumb.jpg.96b506bcfcf31dec48181452733b72a7.jpgbridge6.thumb.jpg.d1c100c6bb0f6fcf73459990aaae09ae.jpgbridge1.thumb.jpg.f7fd9d029e4f84306084083682c9e0dd.jpg

• Like 4

The place near Canon City might be Penrose Commons.  I was just there it is very dry and dusty and the trails are very rocky.   Still you might give it a go..   We went during the week and it was not very busy. 

Edited by OleShep