ss-racing

Injured rider needs our help.

Hey y'all, 

This past Sunday, Kevin Jenks , (known on the forum here as @Motox367 )  was involved in an accident with another rider at one of his local motocross tracks and is seriously injured with a severely broken back and concussion. Latest word is he's in the ICU at Wilson Med center in Binghamton, NY, where he's still suffering the effects of the concussion and also can't move his legs. That is all we really know at this point. Medical bills are surely going to be huge so  @TeamCoronaPilot, @F1Jim64 and myself started a fundraising effort to help Kevin and his daughter out .   Anything you can give will certainly be appreciated and please consider sharing on your social media. thanks in advance if you can help . 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/kevin-jenks-medical-fund-raiser?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link-tip&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet  

We'll use this thread as the place where we can provide updates on his condition, as well as the fundraising effort. 

Here's a recent shot of the boss posing with some big hardware (no doubt attempting to lure in some groupies)   😁🏁

70847926_380363146233513_8695779121797529600_o.jpg.e469f32c22b1ecd39c22a2d28f0a9731.jpg

Edited by ss-racing
  • Like 6
  • Helpful 11
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Worst news I've heard in a long time. Will try to get down there. Thanks for making us aware.

• Like 7

Anyone who's been on TT for any length of time knows Kevin goes out of his way to help out lost YZ owners (like me) with all our 2 Stroke questions... this is our chance to pay him back... the Two Stroke Rebuilder must rise again !!! 💪

• Like 10

My kids GOAB and TOAB have a huge network of riders they are with on Instagram and FB.  They are spreading the word.  Get the word out about this.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, BOAB said:

My kids GOAB and TOAB have a huge network of riders they are with on Instagram and FB.  They are spreading the word.  Get the word out about this.

Thx man !

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I spent some time on the phone today with Button about getting help from The Road to Recovery Foundation... unfortunately Kevin doesn’t meet the foundations requirements and tax requirements (never has held an AMA/FIM Pro or ProAm license or makes his primary living as a performance athlete). Because of this requirement he is not eligible for the R2R Athlete Grant and would only be eligible for funding generated by R2R Crowdsourcing...

So for now support support support the GoFundMe Page, it is a better deal for Kev.

Thanks all.

Edited by TeamCoronaPilot
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, F1Jim64 said:

Anyone who's been on TT for any length of time knows Kevin goes out of his way to help out lost YZ owners (like me) with all our 2 Stroke questions... this is our chance to pay him back... the Two Stroke Rebuilder must rise again !!! 💪

Lol yeah I'd hate to count how many hours he gave me on my first bottom end a few years ago, not to mention all the other odd jobs. He is a champ 🏁🏁🏁

• Like 2

No matter if he has helped you out in the past or not Kevin shares a passion for our sport and his humor and advice has been constant here on TT for many years.  Skip that Dominos pizza order and sent the funds Kevin's way, you will feel better knowing how you helped a moto warrior in his time of need.  Ride on!

• Like 6
  • Helpful 3

Rider Down Foundation might be able to help, good guys.   Also posting his PayPal email address would allow people to donate.

Edited by mxaniac

20 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

Rider Down Foundation might be able to help, good guys.  A gofundme should be started on his behalf too.  Also posting his PayPal email address would allow people to donate.

Read the entire thread please 

• Like 2

Dang, well, if he can post, he must be feeling a little better. 

I sent Kevin a PM, hope to here from him as I’d rather send direct then let the gofundme account make anything off someone’s pain. 

I shared to friends also.

🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼 For a speedy recovery. 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 2

Thankyou guys i appreciate it.  Still in icu going to be long road or rehab ahead but ill be back on top 

• Like 20
  • Helpful 10

Motox367~

Glad to hear you're here to keep us updated on your condition. Are you doing rehab now? Hang in there. 

• Helpful 1

5 minutes ago, NORTY said:

Motox367~

Glad to hear you're here to keep us updated on your condition. Are you doing rehab now? Hang in there. 

Not for few more days.  Leaving icu in a bit i geuss.  Thanks for your concern 

• Like 3
  • Helpful 2

16 hours ago, TeamCoronaPilot said:

I spent some time on the phone today with Button about getting help from The Road to Recovery Foundation... unfortunately Kevin doesn’t meet the foundations requirements and tax requirements (never has held an AMA/FIM Pro or ProAm license or makes his primary living as a performance athlete). Because of this requirement he is not eligible for the R2R Athlete Grant and would only be eligible for funding generated by R2R Crowdsourcing...

So for now support support support the GoFundMe Page, it is a better deal for Kev.

Thanks all.

What about the rider down foundation?

Bump.  IMO should be pinned.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 4