I have a proper single-jack drilling hammer, 48oz is the perfect weight for adjusting things. Some guys can handle a 4lb jack, but for me 3lb is the sweet spot for head speed. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Diverdown said:

D-glazed the pressure plate, boss & steels.

20210110_170253(0).jpg

20210110_165458.jpg

20210110_170006.jpg

20210110_172113.jpg

nice job.

I just dropped off my new billet basket and a used eBay '83 CR250 basket. I need the rivets removed so I can reuse the gear off it and that center spline piece pressed out and pressed into the new billet basket.

I dropped it off at Carlos Serrano's shop in S Tucson. He was at his shop bench rebuilding a couple engines...His son races his old Maico with AVDRA sometimes.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SlowDinoDog said:

nice job.

I just dropped off my new billet basket and a used eBay '83 CR250 basket. I need the rivets removed so I can reuse the gear off it and that center spline piece pressed out and pressed into the new billet basket.

I dropped it off at Carlos Serrano's shop in S Tucson. He was at his shop bench rebuilding a couple engines...His son races his old Maico with AVDRA sometimes.

I've done 3 of those now, it takes some serious tonnage to press that hub in there, almost scary ?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Smoking 2's said:

I've done 3 of those now, it takes some serious tonnage to press that hub in there, almost scary ?

I don't have the tools to do that level of repair. I'm trying to use a few different local shops to see what they are good at doing. Everyone seems busy. Fingers crossed.

I have a few choices for clutch plates and fibers for the '83. I can get OEM...not cheap. I can get Barnett or EBC...also not cheap or TUSK... I think the OEM plates may be aluminum, at least they were for my '88.

Edited by SlowDinoDog

3 minutes ago, SlowDinoDog said:

I don't have the tools to do that level of repair. I'm trying to use a few different local shops to see what they are good at doing. Everyone seems busy. Fingers crossed.

I have a few choices for clutch plates and fibers for the '83. I can get OEM...not cheap. I can get Barnett or EBC...also not cheap or TUSK... I think the OEM plates may be aluminum, at least they were for my '88.

I just grind off rivets and punch out and I bought a harbor freight 20 ton press on sale for $130, not bad of a job.

I ran those tusk plates before, they get hot and spongy quick, bad enough I put my old oem back in.

I believe kevin likes those barnett's

• Like 3