7 hours ago, Diverdown said:

It happens. Bought a lT-200 ran backwards, yep. Previous hoop jack apparently took the 3 flywheel magnets off and put them back on mixed up. Took me a minute to figure that one out.:bonk:

I had a old husky as a kid and I swapped parts from multiple bikes to make work and it did but would occasionally go in reverse, yep I rode it like that for awhile ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, ss-racing said:

LOL....if that think that's bad , try  assembling an engine like this that  you didn't even take apart yourself !!

You should have heard my language last Friday night, looking for the coolant passage spacer for 3 hours - pulling out all my roll around cabinets in case I dropped it behind the wall, etc... :foul: Then remembering that the top end of the engine was in a box next to the bike when I got it - and convincing myself that the hoopjack seller had lost the spacer and I was screwed... 

Got more pissed when I tried to order the missing part on RM ATV - the diagram showed the spacer but there was no part in the list below (for an 08 model). Had to go all the way back to 05 to find a diagram with the part number - then I almost ordered it... but decided to search TT first with that part number - then I found the posts from guys with 08s that were sure they'd lost the spacer too. Then somebody posted the real answer - they deleted the spacer in 08 - and it shows two pics in the shop manual (07 with the spacer & after 07 without it). Doh - says Homer... So I was looking for a part that I never had in the first place... I thought about ordering it anyway just be safe - but I figured out that they changed the size of the water pump outlet in the right case half - so the spacer won't fit there even if you had it...

So - I can't blame this one on the PO - it's just (another) FBJ screw up !!! Where's my BFH ??? :foul:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, Motox367 said:

Not a big deal if know engines

When the 06 CRF250X engine showed up at my house, the cooler was destroyed inside a Cabellas box that was too big (again no packing) and a trail of parts lead out to the street where the UPS driver had wheeled from truck it to the gate.

With all the missing parts, and the broken case, that ended up costing 1,500 to rebuild.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, SlowDinoDog said:

'bike-in-a-bin'...and a 'bag-o-bolts'...all it took was a VISA card and a year...?

IMG_3247.JPG

and the patience to endure all the Nekkid Ricky Johnson Thinking Man pics I posted in your build thread?

Have you got the crank seals replaced in that 78/79 YZ250 yet? I'm itchin' to ride/crash that Yamahopper. :cripple:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, SlowDinoDog said:

'bike-in-a-bin'...and a 'bag-o-bolts'...all it took was a VISA card and a year...?

IMG_3247.JPG

My boy bought an XR that looked just about like that. It sat in the corner for 2 years and then we sold it in the same pile if pieces. He made a nice tidy 1400% profit of of it, it was part of a package deal. We did some work to second bike and then he rode it for 2 years and made a decent 400% profit off of it.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, FlatBrimJim said:

You should have heard my language last Friday night, looking for the coolant passage spacer for 3 hours - pulling out all my roll around cabinets in case I dropped it behind the wall, etc... :foul: Then remembering that the top end of the engine was in a box next to the bike when I got it - and convincing myself that the hoopjack seller had lost the spacer and I was screwed... 

Got more pissed when I tried to order the missing part on RM ATV - the diagram showed the spacer but there was no part in the list below (for an 08 model). Had to go all the way back to 05 to find a diagram with the part number - then I almost ordered it... but decided to search TT first with that part number - then I found the posts from guys with 08s that were sure they'd lost the spacer too. Then somebody posted the real answer - they deleted the spacer in 08 - and it shows two pics in the shop manual (07 with the spacer & after 07 without it). Doh - says Homer... So I was looking for a part that I never had in the first place... I thought about ordering it anyway just be safe - but I figured out that they changed the size of the water pump outlet in the right case half - so the spacer won't fit there even if you had it...

So - I can't blame this one on the PO - it's just (another) FBJ screw up !!! Where's my BFH ??? :foul:

BFH ?

20210112_153312.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FlatBrimJim said:

and the patience to endure all the Nekkid Ricky Johnson Thinking Man pics I posted in your build thread?

Have you got the crank seals replaced in that 78/79 YZ250 yet? I'm itchin' to ride/crash that Yamahopper. :cripple:

yeah...I dunno...it takes skills to ride those old YZs...??‍♂️?

its just sittin on a stand...still needs crank seals.

20201108_162219.jpg

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

30 minutes ago, FlatBrimJim said:

Kevin - how you put old crap like 1970's Rotary Valve Kawasuckis back together (without a manual and probably without Google) amazes me... ?

Same as any other engine really just has disc and few other things. They're all pretty much same but different ?? same with the fourstrokes

• Like 2

And definitely not a google mechanic lol honestly never even watched a YouTube video till a couple recently cause board. People on here TT in general post alot of videos but I honestly don't watch them . Some of the engine builder videos I've watched I should've started doing that years ago . Most of them don't even drill exsuast bridge lubb holes or say anything about it. Few other things too. But most wouldn't like some of my ways but gauntee I'd do them much faster than all those guys. Well not now but before I got hurt

• Like 6