On 1/9/2021 at 11:47 PM, 00boob said:

Man I feel for ya FBJ. Really sucks when somethings been apart so long, ya can't remember how it came apart!  :devil:

LOL....if that think that's bad , try  assembling an engine like this that  you didn't even take apart yourself !!

98709180-7BF2-4CE9-8BAE-C44C3886A23C.thumb.jpeg.70587a6b424612e8e44a11c9fd587466.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/10/2021 at 11:48 AM, Diverdown said:

A penny for your thoughts. I guess pennys ARE worth something. Thought l had a Gear-Jammer but do not, so...

20210110_114418.jpg

Is that top gear for a counter balance shaft?

6 minutes ago, ss-racing said:

LOL....if that think that's bad , try  assembling an engine like this that  you didn't even take apart yourself !!

98709180-7BF2-4CE9-8BAE-C44C3886A23C.thumb.jpeg.70587a6b424612e8e44a11c9fd587466.jpeg

Looks pretty clean to me?!       (watch your toes!)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ss-racing said:

Is that top gear for a counter balance shaft?

No, water pump gear.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ss-racing said:

Done that many times lol . Or 2 engines in peices to make one 😊

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

1 minute ago, Motox367 said:

LOL,  Good times Eh? 

that engine took a while to assemble , I'd work on it for a day or two and then hafta order parts ....then the parts would arrive and I'd work on it for a day or two and then have to order more parts ....and so on , and so on. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

There ya go .... I was starting to wonder.  😉

(even I (5'7", 155#) swing a 4 pounder when the need arrises )  

I can see how a 3 pounder can get head speed up , but sometimes speed and accuracy don't go hand in hand , and you never wanna hit your fingers with a BFH 

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Motox367 said:

Just make sure and use the right flywheel or things might go backwards 😂, but reverse on a dirt bike could be useful 🤔, naaaa 🤠

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ss-racing said:

Oh, I’ve had worse than that. Try a styrofoam cooler with parts just poured into it with zero packing.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Smoking 2's said:

Just make sure and use the right flywheel or things might go backwards 😂, but reverse on a dirt bike could be useful 🤔, naaaa 🤠

True lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ss-racing said:

LOL,  Good times Eh? 

that engine took a while to assemble , I'd work on it for a day or two and then hafta order parts ....then the parts would arrive and I'd work on it for a day or two and then have to order more parts ....and so on , and so on. 

Ran good in the end so you did something right 🔧👍👍

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Smoking 2's said:

That's what happens when you mix up the Glover and Bradshaw YZ DNA - damn thing leaves the starting pad in a hurry - in reverse !

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, FlatBrimJim said:

That's what happens when you mix up the Glover and Bradshaw YZ DNA - damn thing leaves the starting pad in a hurry - in reverse !

Friend of mine put an RD350 top end on his R5 bottom. Would start and run backwards occasionally. Lost a grudge match to me once because of it, breaking a Duckworth chain in the process. Pretty spectacular. :applause:

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, FlatBrimJim said:

748FCDC5-C69C-4361-839F-95EB5BA15F5B.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

2 minutes ago, TeamCoronaPilot said:

748FCDC5-C69C-4361-839F-95EB5BA15F5B.jpeg

I'm sure that late 80s perm is natural, right?

yamaha-yz-legends-tribute.jpg

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Smoking 2's said:

It happens. Bought a lT-200 ran backwards, yep. Previous hoop jack apparently took the 3 flywheel magnets off and put them back on mixed up. Took me a minute to figure that one out.:bonk:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, YZDOC said:

Oh, I’ve had worse than that. Try a styrofoam cooler with parts just poured into it with zero packing.   

I swear people need their ass kicked. Got a 82 CR-125 once. Engine parts just randomly thrown into cardboard boxes!😠