15 minutes ago, Sierra_moto said:

Nice, a genuine Goldentyre 216 front. I grimace a little bit every time I read someone recommending the Shinko 216...they may look the same, but they aren't the same.

GreatWhiteFire twisted my arm on that one.😁

Edited by CoronaCarl
  • Helpful 1

2 minutes ago, CoronaCarl said:

GreatWhiteFire twisted my arm on that one.😁

I swear by them for the front...it's one of the only tires I've tried that doesn't start to shed corner knobs within several hours. They also hook up quite well in a variety of conditions. I could kill a Shinko 216 in about 15 hours, the Goldentyre will last me about 30 hours...that makes the Shinko and Goldentyre equal in dollars per hour, so I choose the route of less tire changes.

I do run the Shinko 216 on the back of my dual sport 350, as it doesn't have the same wear issues as the front. I run the IRC M5B on the back of my 2 stroke, but that tire sucks for any street use...it's like the super-swamper of the moto world. Legend has it that God created the Grand Canyon by doing a burnout with an M5B...

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, SlowDinoDog said:

yeah...I dunno...it takes skills to ride those old YZs...🤷🏻‍♂️🤠

its just sittin on a stand...still needs crank seals.

20201108_162219.jpg

#88 is a sweet ride !

• Like 3

1 hour ago, beezer said:

#88 is a sweet ride !

Thx. It is fun to ride, too.

It was built from the 'bin-of-parts'. #367 walked me through rebuilding the engine. I replaced every bearing and seal on the bike...no exaggeration.

I kept the plastic bin...🤠

IMG_7505.JPG

• Like 3
  • Helpful 2

54 minutes ago, FlatBrimJim said:

Slooooooow Dooooooown Mr. BadWrench - don't you need the Honda Factory Manual to make sure you don't have any parts left over ?:bonk:

While I only got a spoke wrench and spark plugs tool, it came with an owners manual and...wait for it...a repair manual. I'm sure it's not the big factory job, but it's decent for now.

1st: This isn't my first rodeo. I do tear apart stuff apart all the time and actually put it back together in a timely manner.

2nd: It isn't a proper rebuild without leftover parts. Gotta lighten it somehow.

3rd: I got an important date on Sunday, yep that's right, I'm going riding. Probably get it muddy and even put a scratch or two in it.

Speaking of Hondas and wrenching...ya you know what I'm gonna ask.

HEY 🚜👱 YOU GOT THAT HONDA RUNNING YET?!!!

• Haha 3

On 1/11/2021 at 4:49 PM, GreatWhiteFire said:

You guys made me wonder so I went and looked, my BFH is a full 4 pound single jack. It's by far my favorite tool to use. 

20210111_134728.jpg

I seldom use my BFH , but today was first time  in a long while,  0C4C2C50-15F0-4FAF-9FCB-F267561AFAA0.jpeg.b96195497d25bb36118ca5bb8d6636be.jpeg

worked like a charm 👍

Just so don’t get the wrong idea, I did have to use a few other tools  😂

Edited by ss-racing
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, CoronaCarl said:

Do these look like trials tires to you?image000000_09.jpg.8c50f1a169d36ba7a188979909660027.jpg

How's this look?IMG_20210112_205720146_MP.thumb.jpg.bbe5d0f77ea27757dd58ddb5976ca741.jpg

Badass, I'm geeked for ya. That's a badass bike, l want one...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ss-racing said:

I seldom use my BFH , but today was first time  in a long while,  0C4C2C50-15F0-4FAF-9FCB-F267561AFAA0.jpeg.b96195497d25bb36118ca5bb8d6636be.jpeg

worked like a charm 👍

Jus to so don’t get the wrong idea, I did have to use a few other tools  😂

About 5 years ago the neighbor kid was beating the F out of his Dakota tie rod stud to get it off. Went over there & said stop man, lemme see that hammer.... He said no way ur gonna get it, I've been trying for like 15 minutes. I said WATCH THIS !

One good smash on the spindle knuckle and it fell off, he couldn't belive it, lol. :shocked:

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, CoronaCarl said:

HEY 🚜👱 YOU GOT THAT HONDA RUNNING YET?!!!

Negative, Ghost Rider.

Since all the cool kids  are riding Dual Sports these days, I was forced to split the cases again and install the wide ratio gearset, and now I'm gonna have to install the stroker crank and big bore kit so I can bump it up to 511cc to keep up with you new fangled EFI bikes... Then there's the larger tank, the lighting coil, the Baja Designs head & tail light system, the Trail Tech Dash, the trials tires...damn this could take a while...🤠

20 minutes ago, ss-racing said:

worked like a charm 👍

Why did you need any tools at all? With most CJs, if you just stare at them too hard, the parts fall off by themselves... either rust or vibration gets them - sooner rather than later.

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Diverdown said:

One good smash on the spindle knuckle and it fell off, he couldn't belive it, lol. :shocked:

watched a grey haired garage mechanic put one BFH on the spindle knuckle - then hit the first BFH with a 2nd BFH  - ball joint popped right out after 2 smacks. Been a while since I've learned something in a service bay - but I did that day.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, FlatBrimJim said:

Why did you need any tools at all? With most CJs, if you just stare at them too hard, the parts fall off by themselves... either rust or vibration gets them - sooner rather than later.

CJs don’t have track bars, That’s for the Dodge 2500  😜

• Helpful 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, ss-racing said:

worked like a charm 👍

Pickle fork goes good with that hammer 😁

• Like 2
  • Helpful 3

Supposed to be sunny and 60 tomorrow, so a few of us are going to the track. 

I was lubing my chain  and  spotted my tire....check it out:

I wonder if it was too cold (for the mid soft)  last time I rode

Edited by ss-racing
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ss-racing said:

CJs don’t have track bars, That’s for the Dodge 2500

Daimler-Chrysler product: same-same 🤡

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ss-racing said:

Fess up, you’ve been Urban dirt biking the YZ again, haven’t you???

I told you playing Ricky Road Racer in da hood was bad for Knobbies! 

C92ABC84-D26F-45F7-843F-AA87C8E51C4C.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

37 minutes ago, ss-racing said:

Supposed to be sunny and 60 tomorrow, so a few of us are going to the track. 

I was lubing my chain  and  spotted my tire....check it out:

Tires are overrated don't be a sissy 😁

• Helpful 2
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, FlatBrimJim said:

Daimler-Chrysler product: same-same 🤡

Oddly enough, Dodge front-end components are often a bitch to take apart...which sucks, as the ball joints are the first things to go wrong on a straight. My previous 3rd gen did make it to 160k before I had to do new ball joints. My current 3rd gen is at 75k, so I hope it's good for awhile. 

As far as the rust thing, I refuse to live in an area that rust is actually a 'thing.' Even my 72 Chevy that spent it's whole life in Sierra winters only needed new rockers and a smal patch in the cab corner...it was actually one of the rustiest California trucks around. My current Dodge almost looks brand-new on the underside.

4 hours ago, ss-racing said:

worked like a charm 👍

2nd gen? I don't know if it's a thing for the 2nd gen's, but my 03 2500 was like a new truck after upgrading to 2010+ steering components. Gone was the wandering and vague steering feel. 

• Like 2