23 minutes ago, Sierra_moto said:

Oddly enough, Dodge front-end components are often a bitch to take apart...which sucks, as the ball joints are the first things to go wrong on a straight. My previous 3rd gen did make it to 160k before I had to do new ball joints. My current 3rd gen is at 75k, so I hope it's good for awhile. 

As far as the rust thing, I refuse to live in an area that rust is actually a 'thing.' Even my 72 Chevy that spent it's whole life in Sierra winters only needed new rockers and a smal patch in the cab corner...it was actually one of the rustiest California trucks around. My current Dodge almost looks brand-new on the underside.

2nd gen? I don't know if it's a thing for the 2nd gen's, but my 03 2500 was like a new truck after upgrading to 2010+ steering components. Gone was the wandering and vague steering feel. 

Yes, 2nd Gen diesel (01) with a NV4500  it's just barely broken in at 150K 😉  It started doing the death wobble thing out of the blue, it has nice Fox shocks and steering stabilizer , good tie rod ends and ball joints, I got under there and looked while wifey was sawing the steering back and forth and I saw the lower end of the track bar moving around 5/16"  🤭

I hear you about the rust,  I spent some time working up north  many years ago, it's striking how bad vehicles corrode up there from the winter road salt. I'd never drive a vehicle I cared about in the winters up there.

Edited by ss-racing
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ss-racing said:

Yes, 2nd Gen diesel (01) with a NV4500  it's just barely broken in at 150K 😉  It started doing the death wobble thing out of the blue, it has nice Fox shocks and steering stabilizer , good tie rod ends and ball joints, I got under there and looked while wifey was sawing the steering back and forth and I saw the lower end of the track bar moving around 5/16"  🤭

I hear you about the rust,  I spent some time working up north  many years ago, it's striking how bad vehicles corrode up there from the winter road salt. I'd never drive a vehicle I cared about in the winters up there.

You guys should see my dads truck, talk about rust. One of the quarter panels is completely gone, the other is right on its tail. Good ol Kansas winters have not been kind to the old bone crusher dually 😂

• Like 2
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ss-racing said:

Nice, a friend of mine has an 01 he bought new, but with the nv5600. He's closing in on 400k, aside from the injector pump, it's been pretty solid.

Mines an 08 2500, g56 manual, 4wd, CCLB. Dang Dodge build quality...would ya believe that all the emissions components on the 6.7 fell off? I bought it from the original owner with 50k on it, a few years later I'm only up to 75k. I've only had to replace the AC compressor and the clutch/flywheel, but it's still low miles. 

I live in the mountains and deal with snow on a regular basis, but the county doesn't use salt on their roads. They sand the roads...there's often a 1" thick layer of ice on the road, but I rather just drive a little slower than deal with rust. I guess the state does use some salt on the highway, but it's cut with sand and doesn't destroy cars like shit does back east.

Edited by Sierra_moto
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ASP1227 said:

Good ol Kansas winters have not been kind to the old bone crusher dually 😂

What??? That nice truck you took to school? You've trashed it already? College Kids...

Well, look at the rust this way - it'll be lighter the NEXT time you let it roll over your ankle...😈

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, FlatBrimJim said:

What??? That nice truck you took to school? You've trashed it already? College Kids...

Well, look at the rust this way - it'll be lighter the NEXT time you let it roll over your ankle...😈

Not the red '04, the crappy '96 I bought in Kansas and worked on for him lol. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, ASP1227 said:

Not the red '04, the crappy '96 I bought in Kansas and worked on for him lol. 

C'mon man - you don't let your Dad buy rusty crusty midwestern crap in Kansas! Just go to Bakersfield - there's gotta be a million old rust-free Cali Farm trucks down there... or try Central/West Texas (your favorite state I know). Plenty of Peanut farmers around Lubbock and Amarillo that probably trade their Rams in every 3 years when the warranty runs out.

You guys wanna watch the stupidest show but funny omg 😂😂 unreal 😂😂 Mountain Monsters 😂😂 5 seasons of it I hope they don't actually believe themselves lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Motox367 said:

You guys wanna watch the stupidest show but funny omg 😂😂 unreal 😂😂 Mountain Monsters 😂😂 5 seasons of it I hope they don't actually believe themselves lol 

Dang are you bored 😂

I seen a few of those sasquatch hunting shows, idiots was frying bacon cause squatches like bacon🤔. Ever seen a Sasquatch eat bacon? Me neither! nor has anyone else for that matter 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Gay hipsters.

4 minutes ago, Smoking 2's said:

Dang are you bored 😂

I seen a few of those sasquatch hunting shows, idiots was frying bacon cause squatches like bacon🤔. Ever seen a Sasquatch eat bacon? Me neither! nor has anyone else for that matter 🤣

Dont u know, it eats beef gerky !

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Diverdown said:

Gay hipsters.

Dont u know, it eats beef gerky !

Well that's true, seen it in commercials 😏

• Like 1

Ima dress up like bigfoot & get a free breakfast :goofy:

Edited by Diverdown
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Diverdown said:

Ima dress up like bigfoot & get a free breakfast :goofy:

Don't do that around me, I will capture a Sasquatch by any means necessary 😲😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Smoking 2's said:

Don't do that around me, I will capture a Sasquatch by any means necessary 😲😂

In Skamania County, Washington, it is illegal to shoot bigfoot.

• Helpful 1

2 minutes ago, CoronaCarl said:

In Skamania County, Washington, it is illegal to shoot bigfoot.

A bullshit law over a fake creature wouldn't stop me 😂, Im getting that son-gun

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Smoking 2's said:

A bullshit law over a fake creature wouldn't stop me 😂, Im getting that son-gun

He gets one warning shout...a split second before I squeeze the trigger. I figure the money I'd make off of it would more than cover any fines the county could levy against me. Beside, I shot him in Klickitat County where there is no laws against it.

Skamania County has for decades made bigfoot apart of there county fair/festivals.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Smoking 2's said:

Dang are you bored 😂

I love bacon lol

• Haha 4

This is where a bunch of us go Jeepin  for bigfoot :D 

https://www.wfmynews2.com/article/news/local/seeking-bigfoot-investigator-believes-sasquatch-lurks-in-uwharrie-forest/83-609835872  

I was gonna add that I think they’re like deer where there’s a 6 -bag limit but I never seen one 😄

i doubt they’re good eatin anyway 😂

Edited by ss-racing
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2