48 minutes ago, FlatBrimJim said:

Any word on the Martin Bros?

AMart has a concussion. JMart has shoulder injuries, but no word on how bad.

No word yet is either will be ready, but they have until March 6th for the next race.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

39 minutes ago, 42JD said:

Sent my best bud the info on your set up and what you're trying to do. He's going to research it and have "his guy" find you one tomorrow.

You got people working for you now Smokin'! 

Now we're talking 😁

1 hour ago, FlatBrimJim said:

Any word on the Martin Bros?

I heard jmart has dislocated shoulder and a wrist fracture, not sure how bad though

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Smoking 2's said:

I heard jmart has dislocated shoulder and a wrist fracture, not sure how bad though

Fudge - I hate Stupidcross right now... really? UFB... damn Flying Monkey F-ing a Football Circus it is sometimes !!!

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Smoking 2's said:

This was a really cool one from other page. Before and after

Screenshot_20210222-213733.png

I hope it’s not before(top) after(bottom)😂

that did come out cool. I wonder how much time went into making that gas tank. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ASP1227 said:

Thats cuz its cowshit. Aint nothin nice about cowshit lol.

I can't believe you would speak that way about "Biofuel" 🤠 

We're gonna save the planet with that "shit"!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, FlatBrimJim said:

I can't believe you would speak that way about "Biofuel" 🤠 

We're gonna save the planet with that "shit"!

Im cleaning a set of carbs off an XL350 at the shop right now, that biofuel aint good for anything man. This is the second dual carb Honda I've worked on, the first being an XL650 that had a tendency to kickback like no other. Hated starting that thing, but got the routine down to where it started first kick. 

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, ASP1227 said:

that biofuel aint good for anything man.

No no no - we use Corn Liquor for Bio Fuel.

We just shovel the Cow Chips right into the Boiler of the Coal Plant, man !

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ASP1227 said:

Im cleaning a set of carbs off an XL350 at the shop right now, that biofuel aint good for anything man. This is the second dual carb Honda I've worked on, the first being an XL650 that had a tendency to kickback like no other. Hated starting that thing, but got the routine down to where it started first kick. 

Grew up riding an 83 XL350R that my dad had for awhile. None of my buddies could start it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CoronaCarl said:

Grew up riding an 83 XL350R that my dad had for awhile. None of my buddies could start it.

Was it particularly hard to kick over? This one seems easier than my XR200. Wondering if its down on compression or something. Decomp isn't stuck, that was my first suspicion

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ASP1227 said:

Was it particularly hard to kick over? This one seems easier than my XR200. Wondering if its down on compression or something. Decomp isn't stuck, that was my first suspicion

No, it should be harder than the 200, but not much. It took a certain procedure.

Petcock off, turn idle knob up 1 full turn, full choke, don't touch throttle (this is what got most of them), find compression stroke(this got the rest). Kick decently hard, when it sputtered set to 2/3 choke and kick until it starts. Always kick on compression stroke, not any other. Turn on petcock. Modulate choke. Don't ever touch throttle until choke is most of the way off. Turn idle back down after choke is completely off. Ride off and have fun.

1 minute ago, CoronaCarl said:

No, it should be harder than the 200, but not much. It took a certain procedure.

Petcock off, turn idle knob up 1 full turn, full choke, don't touch throttle (this is what got most of them), find compression stroke(this got the rest). Kick decently hard, when it sputtered set to 2/3 choke and kick until it starts. Always kick on compression stroke, not any other. Turn on petcock. Modulate choke. Don't ever touch throttle until choke is most of the way off. Turn idle back down after choke is completely off. Ride off and have fun.

Yeah my 200 always had a peculiar procedure. It involved leaning the bike over, choke, and various prayers to the mikuni gods. Usually started right up. I'll try that procedure when I get it back together 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, FlatBrimJim said:

Or Almond blossoms 🌼

When you're in the frozen north and you drive 8 hours south and see warm sun and blooming trees, ya get excited. We literally go a month at a time without seeing the sun. Then multiply that by ten when you're not sure you'll live to see another Spring. 

Edited by Chicken-N-Waffles
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

16 hours ago, CoronaCarl said:

Need to get warmer and dryer outside so I can ride some more, instead of talking about diesels.

Looking like sunny and 65 here tomorrow, but with all the rain we’ve had the ground is really soggy , not sure if the Mx track will be open 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ss-racing said:

Looking like sunny and 65 here tomorrow, but with all the rain we’ve had the ground is really soggy , not sure if the Mx track will be open 

I need to move.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4