6 hours ago, ss-racing66 said:

What gearing do you use for the open motor  compared to the stock motor? 
…looks significantly faster and sounded different in the race too. 👍

well I don’t run our stock class, which is an out of the box class.

I have run/ran SuperStock which is a limited mod 212cc class = governor removed, thin head gasket for zero deck, long rod, 22lbs valve springs, 3.2 lbs flywheel, open exhaust, open intake, mod cam (stock lift but LONG duration), .615 bore carb on gasoline. Tires are limited to compound no softer than 50 at the end of the race, minimum weight of 375 with driver at end of race. 

Last SS race I ran & won at that track I was a 5.53 final drive ratio, turning 6800 RPM at the end of the straights that night. 

our Open class is full-mods allowed. Only stipulation is must be pushrod 4stroke engine, no MX bike/overhead cams allowed. My open motor is bored and stroked to 252cc, milled head (14cc volume), big titanium valves, ChroMo pushrods, higher lift and duration cam (I build my motors for torque so I’m not turning 9,000+ rpm like some guys do), non-resistor/high RPM coil, 1.3 lbs ultra light flywheel, blueprinted Tillotson .990 bore carb, matched intake, running Methanol for the 15:1 high compression and cooling, with a lock-up/disk clutch. Tire compound is not restricted and there is a 360 lbs min weight. 

I was running a 5.38 Final drive the other night with the open, and turning 6810 max down the straights. I think I’m gonna go to a 5.53 again next time for a little quicker pull on the start and get the RPM up to about 7000. I was on older tires also, so next series of races will be in fresher/softer rubber too….

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

1 hour ago, NoMotoNoMorePilot said:

well I don’t run our stock class, which is an out of the box class.

I have run/ran SuperStock which is a limited mod 212cc class = governor removed, thin head gasket for zero deck, long rod, 22lbs valve springs, 3.2 lbs flywheel, open exhaust, open intake, mod cam (stock lift but LONG duration), .615 bore carb on gasoline. Tires are limited to compound no softer than 50 at the end of the race, minimum weight of 375 with driver at end of race. 

Last SS race I ran & won at that track I was a 5.53 final drive ratio, turning 6800 RPM at the end of the straights that night. 

our Open class is full-mods allowed. Only stipulation is must be pushrod 4stroke engine, no MX bike/overhead cams allowed. My open motor is bored and stroked to 252cc, milled head (14cc volume), big titanium valves, ChroMo pushrods, higher lift and duration cam (I build my motors for torque so I’m not turning 9,000+ rpm like some guys do), non-resistor/high RPM coil, 1.3 lbs ultra light flywheel, blueprinted Tillotson .990 bore carb, matched intake, running Methanol for the 15:1 high compression and cooling, with a lock-up/disk clutch. Tire compound is not restricted and there is a 360 lbs min weight. 

I was running a 5.38 Final drive the other night with the open, and turning 6810 max down the straights. I think I’m gonna go to a 5.53 again next time for a little quicker pull on the start and get the RPM up to about 7000. I was on older tires also, so next series of races will be in fresher/softer rubber too….

Looked faster that that gearing difference would suggest 👍

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 42JD said:

Never thought I would be very successful but I made it. I have made the big time! Here I am on Grandmaster 367’s thread rubbing elbows with so many Grandmasters of all things Dirt Bike!  :banana:

Stick around buddy, you’ll get there provided you put in the work….like we did  😂😂😂

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Motox367 said:

Grandmasters don't wear rubber gloves 😁

Lol...I used to not care, but I've since had reason to change my program. I'm just getting over some health issues that may be tied to exposure to bad shit at work from a few years ago, I'm trying to keep myself as clean as possible nowadays.

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1

25 minutes ago, Sierra_moto said:

Lol...I used to not care, but I've since had reason to change my program. I'm just getting over some health issues that may be tied to exposure to bad shit at work from a few years ago, I'm trying to keep myself as clean as possible nowadays.

That and the gals tend not to like it when you leave greasy prints on their hind parts.😉

• Haha 2