KTMRider4Life

Suzuki Disbanding US R&D

2 hours ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

I really have no problem with them.....some of them look amazing, but the price tag is equally amazing.  But I have been on group rides where we've almost been nailed by them on blind corners.  We swing around the corners wide to the right and they also swing wide when they should be on the inside. 

I was helping out at a boy scout camp last week and rode in one, honestly wasn't too excited to ride in it but needed to get down the mountain and that was my only choice. I can say that I don't think the operators have much choice. The sbs have a lot of travel and the don't run sway bars because it will limit their flex I'm guessing. This made the sxs handle like shit, and it was a high end unit. 

After riding in it I disliked it even more than before. 

• Helpful 1

7 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

I was helping out at a boy scout camp last week and rode in one, honestly wasn't too excited to ride in it but needed to get down the mountain and that was my only choice. I can say that I don't think the operators have much choice. The sbs have a lot of travel and the don't run sway bars because it will limit their flex I'm guessing. This made the sxs handle like shit, and it was a high end unit. 

After riding in it I disliked it even more than before. 

Yeah, just like quads, people that don't have the skill to begin with get behind the wheel and try to run before they learn how to walk.  Both my son and brother nearly got run over the edge of a mountain power line road because the lady was way over her head and skidded across into the oncoming side.  By the time I came up to her, her eyes were as big as saucers because she knew she just about flattened a couple of people and finally chose to slow down to a speed she could handle. 

• Like 2
  • Angry 2

On 5/14/2020 at 11:24 AM, jz125 said:

I am a big GS guy and this just reminds me of the 70's. Not sure why Suzuki waited so long then to R&D a 4 stroke and hold onto the GT as long as they did; I do not believe that was connected to the rotary debacle. There really isn't anything in their entire line up that is really updated and for as long as I can remember they have a hit one model year and then a turd the next. The truth is they just blatantly worked off of Kawasaki's drawings to come up with a 4stroke engine to create the GS; they are too far behind now and with everyone making an effort to catch up to KTM, there is too much money on the table to grab the defibrillator this time.

Maybe because Suzuki saw the future coming and knew that tightening emissions standards would force 2-strokes off the road, and wanted to hang onto the awesomeness for as long as they could, knowing how "naughty"/good it feels to ride a 2-stroke on the road?  (Said me, the environmentalist.)

26 minutes ago, Read Valve said:

Maybe because Suzuki saw the future coming and knew that tightening emissions standards would force 2-strokes off the road, and wanted to hang onto the awesomeness for as long as they could, knowing how "naughty"/good it feels to ride a 2-stroke on the road?  (Said me, the environmentalist.)

Bad Kitty😃

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Read Valve said:

I have not ridden a Kettle

But I had an RD350. It was awesomeness. You are correct

Fat Suzy gone from Supercross, say it isn't so! 

Suzuki was hit hard during the housing Bubble. Pretty much killed the auto sales. Next was the Tsunami. I thought they might gang on, but buh bye.

How JGR handles it will be interesting. Companies are fleeing California. The Carolinas look a lot better than Taxafornia. 

• Like 3