KTMRider4Life

Suzuki Disbanding US R&D

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, mech4matsnova said:

Lol, you surprised the crayon eating retards in government are OK with that?   Golf carts are street legal here but they're only allowed to be in areas where the speed limit is 35 or under, they have to be registered, lights, etc, all traffic laws apply. 

SxS and ATV are only legal here when the Govnah declares an emergency(hurricanes, coronabullshit, etc).

Atvs and uts are registered with the dnr. My bike has the same registration and stickers but I dont get access to the roads or thousands of miles of atv trails.

I dont really care of people can drive utvs around on the roads. I just want some more dirt bike love from the state.

Maybe zuk needs to make some SxS sales to fund the r and d lol.

Edited by Zinergy
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Zinergy said:

Atvs and uts are registered with the dnr. My bike has the same registration and stickers but I dont get access to the roads or thousands of miles of atv trails.

I dont really care of people can drive utvs around on the roads. I just want some more dirt bike love from the state.

That department has been playing Bones (Dominoes)the last 10 years. Are you do playing is argue with the other people😃

1 hour ago, MANIAC998 said:

No one with a mind, likes Dirtbikes. ( We don’t count!)

I've noticed 4 life hasnt posted in awhile. Anyone know if hes ok. Lotta people got sick hope he wasnt one of them. And Taco dude hasnt been around either.

30 minutes ago, 777654321 said:

I've noticed 4 life hasnt posted in awhile. Anyone know if hes ok. Lotta people got sick hope he wasnt one of them. And Taco dude hasnt been around either.

4 lifer disappears from time to time, so I hope it’s only that. I’d hate to bust his chops and find out he up and died on us!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MANIAC998 said:

4 lifer disappears from time to time, so I hope it’s only that. I’d hate to bust his chops and find out he up and died on us!!

If he can survive riding a KTM he can survive anything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 5/8/2020 at 4:16 PM, redrider144 said:

Ummmmm.......paging @mog paging @KTMRider4Life

On 5/8/2020 at 4:41 PM, Piney Woods said:

7 hours,, something has to be wrong!

On 5/8/2020 at 6:04 PM, Chaconne said:

This is squidy's thread too.:ride:

I'm barely ever on here lately, been doing other projects and things to stay busy.

In fact just here to drop in and give you bored folks something to watch in a new thread. Not even going to read the 3 pages of this thread I haven't seen probably. Glad to know you all still care though! 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:

In fact just here to drop in and give you bored folks something to watch in a new thread.

George said that a new-crated 98 RMX is as good or better than any current KTM 2T.

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/10/2020 at 5:13 AM, mech4matsnova said:

The DRZ hasn't changed almost at all in 20 years, my local shop can't keep them on the floor, they say as soon as they hit the floor they're sold, both S and SMs.

Price point. I make the argument in every thread about declining dirt bike sales, but most of the guys here can afford Euro bikes and won't hear it. There's a serious disconnect from the average stiff who would buy a 6k dollar bike vs a 10k dollar bike. If manufacturers want to sell more dirt bikes, they gotta price em at Drz levels. YZ125X is selling like hotcakes because it's 6700.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Zinergy said:

It is even worse than that out here. The atv and SxS folks & clubs actually work against dirtbikers, they are the ones often actively helping set the rules. Grandma can ride her ATV or SxS where she wants to but dirtbikers are not allowed.

There is a lot of hangover from the past regarding dirtbikes and their owners. Most of us are now older and respect people's property. Can't say I see much of that with many ATV & SxS folks but still there are a lot of them so they get privs.  

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

2 minutes ago, Doctor Shakalu Rotazion said:

Price point. I make the argument in every thread about declining dirt bike sales, but most of the guys here can afford Euro bikes and won't hear it. There's a serious disconnect from the average stiff who would buy a 6k dollar bike vs a 10k dollar bike. If manufacturers want to sell more dirt bikes, they gotta price em at Drz levels. YZ125X is selling like hotcakes because it's 6700.

Not sure. Prices adjusted for inflation aren't that over the top. Outdoors folks are able to drop loads of money on expensive atvs & SxSs and other toys. So I don't think price is that big a factor.

Bikes are challenging to ride and take effort and skill that a lot of folks just don't want to do that anymore for their outdoor leisure. Honda has a low priced 250 basic trail bike crf250f (gussied up 230) but I don't think it is doing all that great here. Also, there are plenty of inexpensive Chinese and off brands that aren't making a difference bringing in new riders for lower cost.

The manufacturers don't want to invest in something for volume customers that no longer really want the product. A lot of the Euro companies are doing ok selling to the remaining customer base. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

Bikes are challenging to ride and take effort and skill that a lot of folks just don't want to do that anymore for their outdoor leisure

Where I live, the terrain and govt do not allow more than two wheels. That said, they love to poach single track. We side hill so much of the user built to make the less abled atv rider/poacher suffer. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, redrider144 said:

George said that a new-crated 98 RMX is as good or better than any current KTM 2T.

It's a free country, you're allowed to say stupid shit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, redrider144 said:

If they cut costs down and focused on selling the bikes new for 5 grand everyone would buy one, or three 😂

2 hours ago, mxaniac said:

Correct, but it does go on his permanent record.

It is my duty to share the truth, the record is unblemished.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Doctor Shakalu Rotazion said:

Funny at the place I ride I've never seen a single yz125x and there's a lot of bikes there.  

• Like 1