KTMRider4Life

Suzuki Disbanding US R&D

20 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

CA isn't known for tight, greasy, root / rock infested trails.  That's eastern style terrain, and that's where a bike like a 125X is going to have more appeal.  That you don't see them in CA is not surprising.

CA is ground zero for KTMSwingerDisease.  That's why @Babyarmholdingapple bought a HQV.  Too much KTM guzzling out there for his taste.

Are you &%$#@!ing high?  The 125 fails to sale here because you gotta due this shit all winter in wet red clay as you beat off to foot ball.

You are a two dimensional rider. 

Our ride season is just about over for the main course but we do ride year round in really steep wet root rocky shit.  The highest point in your state besides you is 1700 feet, we got trails that that climb that just to get to the good shit. 

This 

This is higher than you some how. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

I see 125 and 150XC's.... Isn't that what the YZX is attempting to compete against? 

Yes.  But remember that CA is the home base for KTMadCowDisease.  People got KTM on the brain out there.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I wish husky sold a TX125/150. Everytime I ride a TE or a XCW they feel so soft. I must be a weirdo though because I see a lot more XCWs than I do XCs. So I guess the majority disagrees with me.

Edited by Zinergy

41 minutes ago, Babyarmholdingapple said:

Are you &%$#@!ing high?

You must be, if that's your idea of tight / technical.

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1

13 minutes ago, Zinergy said:

I wish husky sold a TX125/150. Everytime I ride a TE or a XCW they feel so soft. I must be a weirdo though because I see a lot more XCWs than I do XCs. So I guess the majority disagrees with me.

Nah, they should do a 150 XC.  W designation is for wussy.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Babyarmholdingapple said:

we do ride year round in really steep wet root rocky shit.

Looks dry as a bone to me.  @Chaconne can teach you what wet is.

Edited by redrider144
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Babyarmholdingapple said:

Your mom 

CA has such a wide range of terrain (and a lot of it open), I just don't see a 125X appealing to the masses there vs say Pennsylvania.

Why does a 150 XCW appeal in CA?  Because KTM swinging.

And because a '19 150 XCW pulls surprisingly hard on top, and with an RK insert it's even more impressive all over the power band.  That insert is very legit, $150 no brainer.

Edited by redrider144

10 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

CA has such a wide range of terrain (and a lot of it open), I just don't see a 125X appealing to the masses there vs say Pennsylvania.

People usually pick one type of riding or another to ride primarily and they often never or very infrequently ride the other type(s) of riding. I rarely ride the wide open desert stuff and I buy bikes for the intended purpose. The reason the X isn't selling much here has nothing to do with the multiple types of riding we can choose from. 

• Helpful 1

6 hours ago, indy rider said:

Now there's the Yamahate'n squid we all know and love. Now if @mog if would chime in about Eli's bike smoking it would be just like old times. 

:awww:

I don't hate Yamaha, I've been riding mine quite a bit lately, even considering buying another one. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KTMRider4Life said:

The reason the X isn't selling much here has nothing to do with the multiple types of riding we can choose from. 

IDK.  If I lived in CA, and I was forced to ride small bore, I would take the 150 XCW and put an RK insert in it.

If I lived in PA I'd still take the KTM, but I'd be open to the idea of a 125x, maybe as a 2nd bike or something.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Chaconne said:

So he got his KTM painted white?

KTM, pearl necklace edition.

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Why does a 150 XCW appeal in CA?  Because KTM swinging.

And because a '19 150 XCW pulls surprisingly hard on top, and with an RK insert it's even more impressive all over the power band.  That insert is very legit, $150 no brainer.

Or you can pay Eric Gorr 75 bucks to reshape your stock head and get the same result.  😈

1 minute ago, mxaniac said:

Or you can pay Eric Gorr 75 bucks to reshape your stock head and get the same result.  😈

All I can vouch for is what I've personally tried.  The RK insert made a more noticeable improvement than VF4, PWK carb, FMF fatty exhaust.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Babyarmholdingapple said:

Are you &%$#@!ing high?  The 125 fails to sale here because you gotta due this shit all winter in wet red clay as you beat off to foot ball.

You are a two dimensional rider. 

Our ride season is just about over for the main course but we do ride year round in really steep wet root rocky shit.  The highest point in your state besides you is 1700 feet, we got trails that that climb that just to get to the good shit. 

This 

This is higher than you some how. 

Mmmm rocks!   That looks like great riding.  I came across this video a few weeks back.  If you skip through some of the initial parts, these guys get into some crazy stuff with pretty high risk if things don't work out as planned.

• Like 2

Old yz125 with 36mm carb 98 to 00' are freaky in how much punch they have out of the hole. The tranny's  were the weak link and could really bite you off a 

45 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

I don't hate Yamaha, I've been riding mine quite a bit lately, even considering buying another one. 

What YAMASIZZLE did you buy? News to me... only things they make worth looking at nowadays is the triple road bikes.  But that ktm 890! OMG! YOU SEE THAT HP!!!!!🥰

13 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

Mmmm rocks!   That looks like great riding.  I came across this video a few weeks back.  If you skip through some of the initial parts, these guys get into some crazy stuff with pretty high risk if things don't work out as planned.

I've seen that one and it's out of Jawbone.  There is some great ridding in this state that goes straight up or straight down.

Now Red's Wall mart parking lot stuff. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, phantom451 said:

The tranny's could really bite you off

Yes, I've heard that as well.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, redrider144 said:

Yes, I've heard that as well.

I probably told you I got bit!🤣

Edited by phantom451
  • Haha 1