TTR club ride pictures and trash talking thread

• 2 weeks later...

I got up early yesterday, swapped sprockets only to swap back because my chain was too short, loaded up left a little late as usual. Normally I make up the time by speeding down the twists and turns of Omo ranch road, no land speed records as I’m in a 1968 f100, but pretty fast for a truck with drum brakes and no power steering. Something was different yesterday, I wasn’t in a rush, I decided I didn’t need to make it for breakfast, my gas station snacks were enough. I drove like it was a Saturday morning. Took my time. Good thing I did too, the nuts backed off the steering coupler and it ended up falling off, I noticed when the truck crossed the double yellow and heading for the bank, I didn’t panic, let off the gas, while turning the steering wheel to the right and somehow the loose bolts caught the steering box one last time so I could get to the right side of the shoulder, where I parked turned on the hazards and had a quick laugh. My first thought was I cheated death. 

I popped the hood and saw the coupler missing, I walked the road and found it sitting the the middle of the road. Then I searched for some bolts I could use to get myself off the road. Triple clamp pinch bolts and the locking nuts on the rear sprocket did the trick! I sat back in the driver seat, turned off the hazards and had another quick little laugh. 

the ride went ok, i went to my trail and did some exploring, flooded the bike in the creek for no reason fixed it and did some more exploring. 

lesson of the day, lock nuts and red locktite saves lives

Edited by Tremendous Trail Rider
  • Like 4
  • Helpful 1

2 hours ago, Tremendous Trail Rider said:

I got up early yesterday, swapped sprockets only to swap back because my chain was too short, loaded up left a little late as usual. Normally I make up the time by speeding down the twists and turns of Omo ranch road, no land speed records as I’m in a 1968 f100, but pretty fast for a truck with drum brakes and no power steering. Something was different yesterday, I wasn’t in a rush, I decided I didn’t need to make it for breakfast, my gas station snacks were enough. I drove like it was a Saturday morning. Took my time. Good thing I did too, the nuts backed off the steering coupler and it ended up falling off, I noticed when the truck crossed the double yellow and heading for the bank, I didn’t panic, let off the gas, while turning the steering wheel to the right and somehow the loose bolts caught the steering box one last time so I could get to the right side of the shoulder, where I parked turned on the hazards and had a quick laugh. My first thought was I cheated death. 

I popped the hood and saw the coupler missing, I walked the road and found it sitting the the middle of the road. Then I searched for some bolts I could use to get myself off the road. Triple clamp pinch bolts and the locking nuts on the rear sprocket did the trick! I sat back in the driver seat, turned off the hazards and had another quick little laugh. 

the ride went ok, i went to my trail and did some exploring, flooded the bike in the creek for no reason fixed it and did some more exploring. 

Whew...  glad you are ok...  what a &%$#@!ed up way that would be to lose a Riddler.  :cheers:

Even though the Riddler has a tremendous amount of disdain for me now, losing him would have been a tremendous blow to our small(but tremendous) dirt bike community. 

The Riddler as tough as she is, she likely may not have been able survive that accident. I would have gladly traded places with her, I know I'd walk away from that accident relatively unscathed.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Tremendous Trail Rider said:

20 minutes ago, TheW0LF said:

Even though the Riddler has a tremendous amount of disdain for me now, losing him would have been a tremendous blow to our small(but tremendous) dirt bike community. 

The Riddler as tough as she is, she likely may not have been able survive that accident. I would have gladly traded places with her, I know I'd walk away from that accident relatively unscathed.

Hum only one word comes to mind. Sabotag’e. Who done it. ?

• Haha 2