Gflo

Missing Thread

Question

There have been a couple of times where I was involved in a thread when the thread disappeared.  When I click on notifications, because someone had responded to one of my posts, I get a message that says, “You do not have permission to view this content”.

I’m a bit confused.  What does this mean?

17 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Gflo said:

There have been a couple of times where I was involved in a thread when the thread disappeared.  When I click on notifications, because someone had responded to one of my posts, I get a message that says, “You do not have permission to view this content”.

My experience, it usually means the post or thread went sideways and was deleted.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Flagstaff said:

My experience, it usually means the post or thread went sideways and was deleted.

It was a very short thread.  I only saw my response posted. 

Edited by Gflo

24 minutes ago, Gflo said:

It was a very short thread.  I only saw my response posted. 

:excuseme:

I've experienced the same thing a couple times....  responded to a thread, got notifications, thread nowhere to be found...  

Edited by KcDavis
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Gflo said:

my response posted. 

If you mean the one with the youngun looking for spelling/grammar upgrades....he got expletive real quick so I believe William1 waved his wand.

• Helpful 1

10 minutes ago, ChampWazza said:

If you mean the one with the youngun looking for spelling/grammar upgrades....he got expletive real quick so I believe William1 waved his wand.

That’s the one.  He was looking for some place to do jumps.  His post was almost unreadable.  I Suggested he go to school to learn spelling and grammar.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Drop-Bear said:

Is that the same person that was claiming someone hacked his account, and the posts weren't from him? 😂

Looks like that thread was deleted too. 🤣

• Haha 1

A few things can happen.

A thread can be renamed die to a poor title and so it may be harder to locate. A thread could be a duplicate (cross-posted)  and either removed of the third possibility is a thread is merged into an existing thread on the same subject to prevent duplication of effort, "My bike won't Start' and the next day 'What is wrong with my carb'. Same guy, same bike, same problem, diagnostics offered in the first thread applicable to the second.

Threads that get moved to 'Salty' do not have pointers left behind. Pointers only last for a few days (a week, IIRC) at which point you have to go to where it was moved to.

Some threads that are train wrecks and serve no purpose other than gore are removed. People seem to be getting a bit 'Corona-cray-cray'.

The best way to track a users post is to locate the user and check the content.

BTW, all the Korean posting is a spammer and has been booted. Pretty prolific as well! This is the third time this clown has joined TT.

• Haha 1

Thanks for the explanation.  Now I am getting a message that my response will need to be approved by a moderator.  Curious what I did wrong.

9 minutes ago, Gflo said:

Thanks for the explanation.  Now I am getting a message that my response will need to be approved by a moderator.  Curious what I did wrong.

B/c you're in the help forum and we don't want other responding with good intentioned help that is incorrect. Happens all the time regarding site functions. You did nothing wrong. All posts in the help forum are moderated.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gflo said:

That means the content was either hidden or deleted. Like the topic from some dude that couldn't put a sentence together in english that I beleive you were playing in. The topic had the value of a squashed roach on a sidewalk so it was nuked. If we move a topic, we leave a pointer to the new location and if we amend a topic title to make it more descriptive, neither change viewability/access.

• Helpful 2

3 minutes ago, Doctor Shakalu Rotazion said:

Is there any intention to address serial derailing or is that something to be monitored on a case by case basis? 😎

sure.