1996 Honda CR125 Fork Info

Gday all, 

I am currently rebuilding a 1996 Honda CR125 and busy with the front suspension. By accident I loosened the shim stack in the damper rod and wasn't really paying attention to the correct order for the shims. 

Could try and remove the shims carefully from the other side damper rod and try figure out the order but I am concerned I don't get it out easily and loose the correct order. 

Was wondering if anyone perhaps knows the factory shim stack layout/order for the KYB 43mm front forks. 

Also looking for any setup advice or improvements that can be made while its apart. 

Thank you! 

Edited by dirtbikersa

23 hours ago, hondino said:

I'm tidying up the shelves these days, are you looking for this stack?

mid.PNG

Yes that is the one I am referring to. Is a special too required to disassemble it from the tube? Thats where I went wrong, I removed the top nut thinking that I would now slide out of the tube and all the shims came out! DOH!! Been looking everywhere for more information on disassembly but haven't found much. 

Gents, are you able to confirm if there is supposed to be a spring with the plunger? When I disassembled the forks there was no spring. Parts no longer available.

also what is the correct orientation of the plunger, on the honda parts finder it appears to be facing upwards, while it appears to be facing down in service manual. 

image.png.98ef75e14a5a3930f54f394b5c9ab270.pngThis is from Honda Parts Finder

image.png.1c57fe48349075b3e3c07685b2e2bc02.png Service Manual

Edited by dirtbikersa