DR350SE1996

I bougth a RK 520 GXW Premium XW-Ring Chain for my DR 350SE

I'm just a little concerned about the weight, and I'm not certain it will fit. Is it too wide? Also, it has 110 links instead of 108 so the mechanic would have to cut 2 links, but I've read it's no problem. It's more expensive than other chains too.

Since I bought it I learned that my bike has too little mileage (5573) to consider replacing the chain yet.

the lubricant inside your original chain is 25 years old, (lube you spray from the outside CAN NOT get through the seals and into bushings...) so not a bad idea to replace it for safety.

i think it will fit, if you dont know what/where to check, take it to a mech to ensure fit is ok, chain is a bit of a safety item, you dont want a too big chain sawing through parts fo your bike

you certainly overshoot with a 200HP rated chain on a less than 40HP bike, simply heavier and $$$-ier than it needs to.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, turboguzzi said:

the lubricant inside your original chain is 25 years old, (lube you spray from the outside CAN NOT get through the seals and into bushings...) so not a bad idea to replace it for safety.

Thanks for your reply.

Okay I think I will change the chain and sprockets despite the mechanic saying it is not necessary.

Edited by DR350SE1996