Jeremiah Graf

2002 crf450r air/fuel screw help

What is the correct order of parts,  for install. I just have an oring by the base and a spring on the end.  Is this causing by backfiring. Thanks

Got my carb kit in the mail.  Got it all installed. Went to put the air/fuel screw back in(spring,washer,oring) and it wasn't going. So took a flash light and noticed what looked like a washer but ended up being another spring. My ? Is there 2 springs or does the oring sit on the very bottom. So before carb rebuild the air/fuel screw only had spring then spring, nothing else

Please help... thanks..

I know you didnt spray carb cleaner and compressed air through all the holes, because if you had, you would have found all the old hardware it the fuel screw hole before going to reassembly.

You need to do that. If you dont, that pilot air/fuel passage wont be clean and you wont be able to get the bike to run the way it should.

5 minutes ago, Shawn_Mc said:

I know you didnt spray carb cleaner and compressed air through all the holes, because if you had, you would have found all the old hardware it the fuel screw hole before going to reassembly.

You need to do that. If you dont, that pilot air/fuel passage wont be clean and you wont be able to get the bike to run the way it should.

+1      He is dead on

• Like 1