Mike Hamershock

New track build near Portland OR

2 hours ago, Familyman6000 said:

Uh, where are the jumps?  

We already have a supercross style track that is jumpy and technical. This one is much more natural, open, and flowing. We only added 3 jumps, but it's so new and raw we want to ride it for a while to see where a couple more might fit. 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

That looks awesome. Fast. I like it. Ill be sure to come and check it out. If I knew where it was. Looks like an area about 20 miles north of Portland?:ride:

9 hours ago, rustychain said:

That looks awesome. Fast. I like it. Ill be sure to come and check it out. If I knew where it was. Looks like an area about 20 miles north of Portland?:ride:

It's west of Portland near Manning. I'll see what owner will allow. He's trying to keep it low key at the moment.

On 5/27/2020 at 7:55 AM, Doctor Shakalu Rotazion said:

Close enough to the rail trail for all the weekend PDX bicycle tourons to hear the moto fun? 😂

No, you can barely hear it off the property, and it's south of 26 so not on the trail side. My boy rode it yesterday for the first time. He had fun, but it needs a 2nd round of prep - there's lots of dozer track marks and some heavy areas that need to be broken down. It got hot this week and that soft clay base is turning to concrete fast. No bueno. 

Tracks this size are a several-year project to get where it's consistent. For a new, raw build it's not bad. Def needs a few more jumps, some bigger berms in areas, and more loamy, consistent dirt. All that takes time, effort, and $$$.

• Helpful 1

5 minutes ago, Doctor Shakalu Rotazion said:

Wonder if mixing sand into it is the answer? Don't have any idea how this works haha. I know what riding dusty caliche is like though, sketchy. 

Sand is expensive to have delivered. We will start with a chipper, and chip a lot of the slash as small as we can, then work it into the dirt. Lots of challenges with this track - it's remote, has no really good water storage on site (could be built tho) and no watering system yet. On the other track I prep, we mix in a lot of sawdust and it comes out awesome. Got 10 yards we will rip/till in this weekend. Sunday will be special. Here's a corner from last Sunday, and it was primo most of the day.

corner 4.jpg

• Like 1