WTB used 200rr

11 hours ago, Kendall993 said:

I agree with you but I dont want to pay for a brand new bike and there are no new or used 200s anywhere near me. For the terrain I will be riding a XT with Upgraded suspension will work well. And I have an itch that needs to be scratched. 

Factor in what it costs to un&%$#@! the lowered suspension. 

On 5/16/2020 at 9:13 PM, Kendall993 said:

Im willing to take a road trip to pick up the right bike assuming its within a reasonable distance.  

PNW Powersport Transport ships bikes all over From Cali to Montana. They delivered my bike from Action Powersports in Post Falls.

Check Yakima for bikes too. Beware that a lot of smaller dealers east of the mountains list bikes they don't have in stock.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BassMan said:

Way too much. 

Not for the market here in the PNW, especially with 8hrs. 

Absolutely clapped out '16 300rr right now with 2700 hard miles going for $6000 locally.  

@Kendall993 be very wary of @Doctor Shakalu Rotazion! He's bashed this bike several times on this thread and he's never owned a Beta.  Tells you one thing, he's on his way to buy it out from under you! His tactics are very transparent! 

Edited by firffighter
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, firffighter said:

Vehicle market in the PNW is very different from the rest of the country, no doubt.

For instance, in the Gulag of Michigan, Huskys sell for thousands less. :excuseme:

31 minutes ago, Eric72 said:

If this is what the market is than i gave the guy who bought my 18 300rr a hell of a deal. That 300 had 60 hours and i sold it for 5500$

Geez, hook up a brother up!  You definitely made someone's day! 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/237995507493786/

$8000 for low hour '18 300rr

Edited by firffighter

9 minutes ago, firffighter said:

Geez, hook up a brother up!  You definitely made someone's day! 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/237995507493786/

$8000 for low hour '18 300rr

It was a friend from SDR. I will see the bike often as him and i will ride together in the future. When i heal from this knee injury we will hook up and ride more. Him and i have helped out Don a lot this spring. The transaction went very smooth and i did not have to mess with all the BS in advertising publicly. The bike did need to be cleaned up a little and needed tires. This guy has it looking good as he has sent me new pictures.

• Helpful 1

5 minutes ago, Eric72 said:

It was a friend from SDR. I will see the bike often as him and i will ride together in the future. When i heal from this knee injury we will hook up and ride more. Him and i have helped out Don a lot this spring. The transaction went very smooth and i did not have to mess with all the BS in advertising publicly. The bike did need to be cleaned up a little and needed tires. This guy has it looking good as he has sent me new pictures.

Good on ya! Looking out for a fellow dirt biker,  nicely done! 

That's awesome!  It's definitely worth it to not deal with headaches and know that it's going to a good home! 

I actually did the same with my '18 300rr.  Went to a fellow firefighter for much less than I would have gotten from general public.  I was glad it made someone else a great bike. 

Edited by firffighter

Update....I pulled the trigger on the XT. The dealer will be raising the suspension and putting new springs in for no additional $$. After I ride it for a bit Ill be sending the suspension to AMP for a full revamp.  Super pumped!!

• Like 5
  • Helpful 1

11 hours ago, firffighter said:

Absolutely clapped out '16 300rr right now with 2700 hard miles going for $6000 locally.  

@Kendall993 be very wary of @Doctor Shakalu Rotazion! He's bashed this bike several times on this thread and he's never owned a Beta.  Tells you one thing, he's on his way to buy it out from under you! His tactics are very transparent! 

Ive ridden a new xt. It was dangerously undersprung and felt like a minibike. Then i followed the new owner around and watched him crash it super hard. Brand new YZ250X is 7300 locally. 

20200521_162850.jpg

• Helpful 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Doctor Shakalu Rotazion said:

Ive ridden a new xt. It was dangerously undersprung and felt like a minibike. Then i followed the new owner around and watched him crash it super hard. Brand new YZ250X is 7300 locally. 

20200521_162850.jpg

Definitely undersprung for squatch-like folks. Some time on the treadmill, let AMP have a go at it, and you got yourself a sweet little singletrack woods weapon.  I think Barry Morris has sufficiently laid to rest any questions concerning the X trainer capabilities.  

That Yamaha seems pretty steep for a bike that hasn't been updated to industry standards from a decade ago.  How's the e-start? Hydraulic clutch? Lighting systems? Trail computer? 

I'd simply go find a early 2000's YZ250 for $2500 and have the same bike. Hey, isn't that what you ride? :banana:

Don't let those non Beta owners get you down Kendall993. They are always hanging out on here jealous of the Italian Beauties!  Congrats on the X trainer! Great bike that is awesome for NW woods riding.  

Edited by firffighter
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, firffighter said:

Definitely undersprung for squatch-like folks. Some time on the treadmill, let AMP have a go at it, and you got yourself a sweet little singletrack woods weapon.  I think Barry Morris has sufficiently laid to rest any questions concerning the X trainer capabilities.  

That Yamaha seems pretty steep for a bike that hasn't been updated to industry standards from a decade ago.  How's the e-start? Hydraulic clutch? Lighting systems? Trail computer? 

I'd simply go find a early 2000's YZ250 for $2500 and have the same bike. Hey, isn't that what you ride? :banana:

Don't let those non Beta owners get you down Kendall993. They are always hanging out on here jealous of the Italian Beauties!  Congrats on the X trainer! Great bike that is awesome for NW woods riding.  

Thanks Firffighter I am definitely not worried about what others think, in fact I look forward to getting some slack from the uneducated about why I went with Beta vs the other popular brands. 

I actually considered a YZ250fx but have my heart set on a 2T. And if I was going to go 4T my front runner was Shirco 300 SEF. There is a really nice one posted here for $6800 in Idaho. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, firffighter said:

2000s yzs are too new and unproven. I ride a 90s yz. Aluminum frames were clearly a fad, as now everyone buys trellis steel KatieMs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Kendall993 said:

Thanks Firffighter I am definitely not worried about what others think, in fact I look forward to getting some slack from the uneducated about why I went with Beta vs the other popular brands. 

I actually considered a YZ250fx but have my heart set on a 2T. And if I was going to go 4T my front runner was Shirco 300 SEF. There is a really nice one posted here for $6800 in Idaho. 

The YZ250X is a two stroke lol. Reliable cable clutch, no battery or dash issues, best suspension on the planet, no finicky fuel injection nonsense. It's the 67 Chevelle of dirt bikes, who wouldn't buy a new 67 Chevelle if they could? ?

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Kendall993 said:

Buddy brought his X trainer to work this morning getting ready for our trip starting tomorrow.  I had to inform the poor guy he can only do trials riding around the staging area,  while the real men go ride the big boy trails. 

20200522_073600.jpg.315c99b9b0a50614515a6d39290e1b9b.jpg

20200522_073554.jpg.fc1a0716edf8b731997e5fe8a4892339.jpg

Haha,  this little X trainer has been so fun to ride. It's hit just about every type of terrain the PNW and beyond has to offer: Tillamook,  Hood River,  Gifford pinchot,  Millican,  3 Trails,  even Moab where it was the star of the show. 

Looking forward to your impressions and hope you enjoy the bike. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, firffighter said:

Buddy brought his X trainer to work this morning getting ready for our trip starting tomorrow.  I had to inform the poor guy he can only do trials riding around the staging area,  while the real men go ride the big boy trails. 

Haha,  this little X trainer has been so fun to ride. It's hit just about every type of terrain the PNW and beyond has to offer: Tillamook,  Hood River,  Gifford pinchot,  Millican,  3 Trails,  even Moab where it was the star of the show. 

What kind of filter did you run those pictures through to make that pink Beeta plastic look so red? ? That's a really nice bike. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Doctor Shakalu Rotazion said:

The YZ250X is a two stroke lol. Reliable cable clutch, no battery or dash issues, best suspension on the planet, no finicky fuel injection nonsense. It's the 67 Chevelle of dirt bikes, who wouldn't buy a new 67 Chevelle if they could? ?

Mmm, I think you mixed up your 60's classic cars. Chevelle  was a muscle car,  offering top performance items for it's time. The YZ250 is more akin to the Caprice.  A reasonable option for those requiring less performance and more practicality. A sturdy robust offering that won't let you down,  but definitely won't win you any races on the track or win you any track bunnies! 

1967ChevroletCaprice_01_1200.jpg.db814ad9e4743dd0acdb60a132391887.jpg

15 minutes ago, Doctor Shakalu Rotazion said:

What kind of filter did you run those pictures through to make that pink Beeta plastic look so red? ? That's a really nice bike. 

Just the natural light from the beauty of downtown PDX. Or the smoke coming from the homeless camp in front of the station, not sure which one. 

Edited by firffighter
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, firffighter said:

Looking forward to years of fun riding on my barely broken in 2018. I have yet to see it but Im sure she is pretty! 

I rode Moad a couple months back on a WR250 and it did well but dang its heavy and more difficult to get the front wheel over some obstacles. Im confident the XT will do better. 

• Like 2