So it seems like finding a used 200rr is going to be tough. Any thoughts on a 250? I am relatively new to dirt bikes and think a 300 is too much for my current skill level. Not as many people ride 250's, is there a reason for that? Is the 300 just that much better? Should I consider a 250 or 300 and just grow into it? I was leaning towards an XT but dont want to have to throw a bunch of $$ into suspension which is why I thought a 200 was a good option. 

All thoughts welcome.

8 minutes ago, Kendall993 said:

So it seems like finding a used 200rr is going to be tough. Any thoughts on a 250? I am relatively new to dirt bikes and think a 300 is too much for my current skill level. Not as many people ride 250's, is there a reason for that? Is the 300 just that much better? Should I consider a 250 or 300 and just grow into it? I was leaning towards an XT but dont want to have to throw a bunch of $$ into suspension which is why I thought a 200 was a good option. 

All thoughts welcome.

The X-trainer would be great. There's nothing wrong with the suspension UNLESS you choose to start racing or ride often at race pace. Also nothing wrong with a 250 - great way to save money and find one actually in stock.

Did you call the Apex dealer? Sometimes their websites aren't up to date.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I find the 250 the most "busy" or aggressive of the lineup.

Last year I had the 300rr, my brother the 250rr, and my buddy the X trainer with only the Boana kit. We did a 3 day trip together here: 

90+ miles of these twisty corners through the trees. We switched bikes all through the trip.  My brothers 250rr is an incredible bike modded well, but still the bike that requires the most rider input. The Xtrainer the least. The X trainer is fully capable as Shrub mentioned,  unless you are really pounding obstacles at speed. 

• Like 1

I appreciate all your input. I have a couple of feelers out to Beta dealers and should hear back tomorrow morning about a 200. Fingers crossed, could have a great deal on a 19 Factor Demo bike. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shrubitup said:

The X-trainer would be great. There's nothing wrong with the suspension UNLESS you choose to start racing or ride often at race pace. Also nothing wrong with a 250 - great way to save money and find one actually in stock.

Did you call the Apex dealer? Sometimes their websites aren't up to date.

I did call Apex, super nice guy that I spoke with. He said its the busiest May in 10 years and they are basically sold out of every 2T regardless of make. Good problem to have i guess for them, not so good for buyers. Thanks Covid and the Fed for all this stimulus $$$!! 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Kendall993 said:

I appreciate all your input. I have a couple of feelers out to Beta dealers and should hear back tomorrow morning about a 200. Fingers crossed, could have a great deal on a 19 Factor Demo bike. 

Demo bike is a great way to go. Saves you money and often there are nice additions.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Don't quote me on this but I think beta gives the standard warranty on demo bikes. So I think you will get the same warranty on the demo that you get on a new bike. Not many bike companies back demos like that.

Edited by Eric72
  • Like 3
  • Helpful 1

16 hours ago, Kendall993 said:

All thoughts welcome.

Get the 250, you can ride it like a 200, just shift a bit earlier. 250 smokers are the most fun you can have on a motorcycle. People like 300s because they are lazy cheaters who lack character and ability. 

• Angry 1

15 hours ago, firffighter said:

I find the 250 the most "busy" or aggressive of the lineup.

Last year I had the 300rr, my brother the 250rr, and my buddy the X trainer with only the Boana kit. We did a 3 day trip together here: 

90+ miles of these twisty corners through the trees. We switched bikes all through the trip.  My brothers 250rr is an incredible bike modded well, but still the bike that requires the most rider input. The Xtrainer the least. The X trainer is fully capable as Shrub mentioned,  unless you are really pounding obstacles at speed. 

That's fun to watch, I can get a good rhythm going there but watching you do it is like two click FFW of my ride. 😂

Ok guys, I found a 2018 Xtrainer with 8 hours, been lowered 2", Rad guards, pipe guard, hand guards, FMF arrestor...I think thats it. I will most likely have the suspension sent over to AMP for a complete rework. Dealer is asking 7200, what do you all think is a fair price?

14 minutes ago, Kendall993 said:

Ok guys, I found a 2018 Xtrainer with 8 hours, been lowered 2", Rad guards, pipe guard, hand guards, FMF arrestor...I think thats it. I will most likely have the suspension sent over to AMP for a complete rework. Dealer is asking 7200, what do you all think is a fair price?

Subtract trade in value from retail value, divide result by 2, add result to trade in value, that would be a good buy. Kbb numbers. Market conditions not typically reflected in this. Seems to me, quality used bikes are selling fast due to trump checks and insane prices and fee$ on new bikes.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

24 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

Subtract trade in value from retail value, divide result by 2, add result to trade in value, that would be a good buy. Kbb numbers. Market conditions not typically reflected in this. Seems to me, quality used bikes are selling fast due to trump checks and insane prices and fee$ on new bikes.

Nobody said there would be advanced math in buying a used Beta! :banana:

Shrub's spot on, good buy on a nice low hour bike. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Take into consideration that bike was 7499 when new. That in my opinion is not that great of a deal. The dealer has some on the bone with that and you might be able to get it lower with some careful negotiation. 

Edited by Eric72
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

On 5/16/2020 at 6:13 PM, Kendall993 said:

As the title says Im on the hunt for a used 200rr. Im in the PNW so if anyone sees one or knows of one for sale Id appreciate the heads up. My local dealer, Franks Dirtbikes, had 2 and they were gone before I could make it down to look at them. Im willing to take a road trip to pick up the right bike assuming its within a reasonable distance.  

Thanks in advance for any help!

Xtrainer is good for tight technical and it goes anywhere. Good.. It’s good enough for some flowing stuff but an rr is more versatile. . but I rode a 200 rr and that’s sort of a maybe next bike for me and more versatile than xtrainer. A 250 or 300 is great . I was switching back and forth riding my 300 rr and a 19’ 200 rr demo a couple months back. That 200 is damn good.. Right now I’d calm down a little and see if a 200 rr shows up. The 250,300 and Xtrainer options will be there too..you can still go those if you cant find a 200 rr. All are good. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Eric72 said:

Take into consideration that bike was 7499 when new. That in my opinion is not that great of a deal. The dealer has some on the bone with that and you might be able to get it lower with some careful negotiation. 

I agree, Im thinking 7000 is max for a 2 year old bike, especially when the new version is around 600 more. There are some bolt-ons which I would have to buy so there is value there.

10 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Xtrainer is good for tight technical and it goes anywhere. Good.. It’s good enough for some flowing stuff but an rr is more versatile. . but I rode a 200 rr and that’s sort of a maybe next bike for me and more versatile than xtrainer. A 250 or 300 is great . I was switching back and forth riding my 300 rr and a 19’ 200 rr demo a couple months back. That 200 is damn good.. Right now I’d calm down a little and see if a 200 rr shows up. The 250,300 and Xtrainer options will be there too..you can still go those if you cant find a 200 rr. All are good. 

I agree with you but I dont want to pay for a brand new bike and there are no new or used 200s anywhere near me. For the terrain I will be riding a XT with Upgraded suspension will work well. And I have an itch that needs to be scratched. 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

Just now, Kendall993 said:

I agree with you but I dont want to pay for a brand new bike and there are no new or used 200s anywhere near me. For the terrain I will be riding a XT with Upgraded suspension will work well. And I have an itch that needs to be scratched. 

Well go get em then. .. You’ll be good :ride: