9 minutes ago, Kendall993 said:

Looking forward to years of fun riding on my barely broken in 2018. I have yet to see it but Im sure she is pretty! 

I rode Moad a couple months back on a WR250 and it did well but dang its heavy and more difficult to get the front wheel over some obstacles. Im confident the XT will do better. 

The Xtrainer is absolutely perfect for Moab.  We all took several turns on it doing all of those step ups and ledges and it's just hops up those with ease. We had 8 guys on our last trip there and everyone loved that bike.  

Did you buy from Frank? Dan? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firffighter said:

The Xtrainer is absolutely perfect for Moab.  We all took several turns on it doing all of those step ups and ledges and it's just hops up those with ease. We had 8 guys on our last trip there and everyone loved that bike.  

Did you buy from Frank? Dan? 

Yeah Frank, super nice guy.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, campdirt said:

one thing ive learned, you need more than 1 motocycle. minimum of 3  is best

I agree, just getting back into dirt bikes so this is my first step. Im sure Ill end up with a 4T in the next year or two. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firffighter said:

Mmm, I think you mixed up your 60's classic cars. Chevelle  was a muscle car,  offering top performance items for it's time. The YZ250 is more akin to the Caprice.  A reasonable option for those requiring less performance and more practicality. A sturdy robust offering that won't let you down,  but definitely won't win you any races on the track or win you any track bunnies! 

1967ChevroletCaprice_01_1200.jpg.db814ad9e4743dd0acdb60a132391887.jpg

Just the natural light from the beauty of downtown PDX. Or the smoke coming from the homeless camp in front of the station, not sure which one. 

Ugh, i'm heading up now, wanna grab a beer at Level later gimme a pm. If i bring my own hotdogs, will the homeless share the campfire? Last time i drove up the Banfield there was a homeless Jamboree going on at the exit to Omsi.😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kendall993 said:

I agree, just getting back into dirt bikes so this is my first step. Im sure Ill end up with a 4T in the next year or two. 

good plan,  i have a couple of 4stk. wouldnt mind tradin for a couple of trail miles sometime

Well guys looks like Ill have to wait a few more weeks to ride my new XT. I was out messing around with my son and a couple of his friends on my mountain bike and took a jump too fast and ended up breaking my left collar bone. Super bummed and to make it worse its day 1 of our vacation.  I will be having surgery tomorrow morning which should speed up the recovery. This is a bad break but as my GF says....scares show you are living life. Anyways here is a pic of the xray.

20200522_172951.jpg

• Sad 4

20 hours ago, Kendall993 said:

Well guys looks like Ill have to wait a few more weeks to ride my new XT. I was out messing around with my son and a couple of his friends on my mountain bike and took a jump too fast and ended up breaking my left collar bone. Super bummed and to make it worse its day 1 of our vacation.  I will be having surgery tomorrow morning which should speed up the recovery. This is a bad break but as my GF says....scares show you are living life. Anyways here is a pic of the xray.

20200522_172951.jpg

Surgery was a success. Bone is properly set and held together held together with a plate and 6 screws. 

IMG_30071.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kendall993 said:

Surgery was a success. Bone is properly set and held together held together with a plate and 6 screws. 

IMG_30071.jpg

The more time goes on I’m thinking better shoulder pads  like regular old school hockey kind are a better investment than the current “ roost deflectors “ sold to us now. In the early 70’s the MS pads then we’re pretty much that and the protection was much better then for shoulders... What we have now isn’t that great... 

2 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

The more time goes on I’m thinking better shoulder pads  like regular old school hockey kind are a better investment than the current “ roost deflectors “ sold to us now. In the early 70’s the MS pads then we’re pretty much that and the protection was much better then for shoulders... What we have now isn’t that great... 

Idk, my leatt 4.5 pro has great shoulder pads. 

Good luck.  I had a bad one like that, basically exploded into multiple pieces.  3 surgeries, final worked with a bone graft.  If you wear a neck brace the Atlas is very comfortable with a plated clavicle.  

1 hour ago, GP said:

Good luck.  I had a bad one like that, basically exploded into multiple pieces.  3 surgeries, final worked with a bone graft.  If you wear a neck brace the Atlas is very comfortable with a plated clavicle.  

Thanks for the advice on the neck brace. The surgeon believes that the bone should be good as new in 6-8 weeks assuming I allow it to heal properly.  The break was pretty clean luckily. 

9 minutes ago, NjBetaRider said:

I hope you get better soon so you can go enjoy that new bike. I had no idea how easy it was to get hurt mountain biking.

I was being stupid and trying to take a jump like I was 16 yrs old. I way overshot it and lost my front tire on landing. 100% my fault. I would have never had that level of confidence on my dirt bike so I guess yes its easier to get hurt because of my over confidence on my mountain bike. The best part was my son gave me huge style points and said I took it like a champ!! 

Just now, Kendall993 said:

I was being stupid and trying to take a jump like I was 16 yrs old. I way overshot it and lost my front tire on landing. 100% my fault. I would have never had that level of confidence on my dirt bike so I guess yes its easier to get hurt because of my over confidence on my mountain bike. The best part was my son gave me huge style points and said I took it like a champ!! 

It sounds like a lot of fun though! It seems to getting really popular around here as more and more riding areas are popping up. But man that hobby can get expensive too.

8 minutes ago, NjBetaRider said:

It sounds like a lot of fun though! It seems to getting really popular around here as more and more riding areas are popping up. But man that hobby can get expensive too.

Yeah it can be very expensive, close to the same cost of dirt bikes when you first get started. The problem around here is the mountain bikes have taken over and most of the trails they ride now are old dirt bike trails that have been taken away from us. Most mountain bikers have never worked to make a trail, they take it for granted and act like they own all the trails now. Most of them are cool but there are a few that are total dicks. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

On 5/22/2020 at 10:04 AM, Kendall993 said:

Looking forward to years of fun riding on my barely broken in 2018. I have yet to see it but Im sure she is pretty! 

I rode Moad a couple months back on a WR250 and it did well but dang its heavy and more difficult to get the front wheel over some obstacles. Im confident the XT will do better. 

No doubt. rode a bunch of stuff with various levels of vertical and all my wife could say is "this bike is like cheating". East of Moab by about 70 miles. This is with new AMP fork piston and a rework from last time he had our stuff. 80 degree temps, slow and tight most of the day. Bike never let her down. 

image.png.3d5e0c757dec3295de3148ad04d1e75f.pngimage.png.93392cc2cff7ec7c69536f3934df9543.png

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1