So I am about to rebuild the top end bottom end, rejet the carb, clean the air filter, and put a new spark plug in my ‘05 yz85. (Along with all new fluids obviously) is there anything special I should do before I ride the bike after I do all those things? Or should I just put my 32:1 in it and ride? I have heard about like heat cycle and break in period for new top ends but I have heard good and bad about them and I don’t know enough to make an opinion on it. Does anybody have any tips?

1: start bike, let it warm up and let her idle checking over everything and adjusting idle, etc. to make sure it’s all good. Couple small blips ok.

(About 5-8 minutes each cycle)

Let cool completely between each. 

2: start bike, let it warm up with a few blips. 

3: start bike, let warm up, and ride her around through all the gears varying throttle. Never more than 1/2 throttle.  

4: inspect bike and make sure nothing is loose and your work is good. 

5: start bike, warm it up, and enjoy the heck out of it. 

many other opinions, but I have built many engines and done it this way for years with zero issues. 

4 hours ago, YZDOC said:

1: start bike, let it warm up and let her idle checking over everything and adjusting idle, etc. to make sure it’s all good. Couple small blips ok.

(About 5-8 minutes each cycle)

Let cool completely between each. 

2: start bike, let it warm up with a few blips. 

3: start bike, let warm up, and ride her around through all the gears varying throttle. Never more than 1/2 throttle.  

4: inspect bike and make sure nothing is loose and your work is good. 

5: start bike, warm it up, and enjoy the heck out of it. 

many other opinions, but I have built many engines and done it this way for years with zero issues. 

Ok ?.