So,  my middle son chose for his senior project to rebuild a 2007 Honda CRF150RB.  It was given to us from a friend. The crank and piston had come apart,  taking out one of the cases.  Half the bike was in a box. He rebuilt the whole bike,  engine,  suspension,  everything.  He cerakoted the frame and several other parts.   He also entered into Cameron Niemela's PrymeMX dirtbike restoration contest and made the top 20!  If you would like to vote for him,  you can go to https://www.prymemx.com/pages/teampryme.    He's down at the bottom,  Wyatt Frost.   Regardless how it turns out,  I'm proud of the boy.   Oh,  and his bike is the only four stroke in the top 20!

20200517_171715.jpg

20200517_171642.jpg

• Like 19

Congrats to your son. Good job raising the lad. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NORTY said:

Congrats to your son. Good job raising the lad. 

Thank you.  Wyatt definitely came alive this year.  He had some trouble rebuilding the engine (just not as simple as his two strokes), but I only had to give him a little guidance and his older brother helped as well.  He did very well for his first four stroke rebuild. I'm definitely proud of him.  The funny thing is that the bike is so small for him.  He's almost 6'6" and around 240-250 lbs (and only 17!).  He jokes that it's his version of a pit bike. 

31 minutes ago, bullmastiff said:

Thank you.  Wyatt definitely came alive this year.  He had some trouble rebuilding the engine (just not as simple as his two strokes), but I only had to give him a little guidance and his older brother helped as well.  He did very well for his first four stroke rebuild. I'm definitely proud of him.  The funny thing is that the bike is so small for him.  He's almost 6'6" and around 240-250 lbs (and only 17!).  He jokes that it's his version of a pit bike. 

Dayum, dude. There's a lotta beans in that boy!!!!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, bullmastiff said:

So,  my middle son chose for his senior project to rebuild a 2007 Honda CRF150RB.  It was given to us from a friend. The crank and piston had come apart,  taking out one of the cases.  Half the bike was in a box. He rebuilt the whole bike,  engine,  suspension,  everything.  He cerakoted the frame and several other parts.   He also entered into Cameron Niemela's PrymeMX dirtbike restoration contest and made the top 20!  If you would like to vote for him,  you can go to https://www.prymemx.com/pages/teampryme.    He's down at the bottom,  Wyatt Frost.   Regardless how it turns out,  I'm proud of the boy.   Oh,  and his bike is the only four stroke in the top 20!

20200517_171715.jpg

20200517_171642.jpg

The apple never falls far from the tree. Good for you.

Bike looks great.

He's in 6th after I voted. Hope he appreciates it. I'm an RM 125 fan myself lol.

Edited by Drop-Bear

You have every reason to be proud of your boy.

Love seeing the kids get passionate about this stuff !! I voted for him but I was really im love with the 69 Z50. I had the same bike as a kid. We totally ruined it we rode it so much . 

I voted for him but that KTM 500 has quite the lead on everyone.

Yes, it is obviously too small for him, but don't sell it.  Use it as a loaner bike to bring other people into the motorcycle universe.  Young people are not taking to motorcycling like they use to.  I have been pushing the motorcycle drug very successfully and have now infected a whole group.  These new 20 something riders are now self-propagating the infection without my help.  Corrupting children is diabolical fun!  

• Haha 1