SMART TOP CALLING IT QUITS

3 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

I see where Tony's opinion is it should be cancelled, but I don't see where they've called it quits.

I should have put a question mark. If they do I can understand. They are one of the most succesful private race team since Jeremy rode for Chaparral. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 777654321 said:

I should have put a question mark. If they do I can understand. They are one of the most succesful private race team since Jeremy rode for Chaparral. 

I checked with the team owners immediate family member, they're going to the SLC rounds.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

2 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

I checked with the team owners immediate family member, they're going to the SLC rounds.

Cool beans. You ever see the Howells. 

5 minutes ago, Doctor Shakalu Rotazion said:

I googled Smart Top and got nothin, unless they make roof controls for Porsche and miatas.... maybe they should throw in the towel if Google doesn't know wtf they do

Smartop spa covers and Bullfrog Spas. 

• Like 1

Tony is 100% correct that the sponsors are not getting what they paid for, this is only going to benefit lawyers who will have to revise contracts.

Yup, call it a season , run the outdoors.... Instead they'll ruin both because they are competing against each other.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

8 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Yup, call it a season , run the outdoors.... Instead they'll ruin both because they are competing against each other.

Wouldn't that cost even more money? Wouldn't it be better for them to cancel outdoors and run just SX? The lost advertisers and sponsors and TV revenues in SX would seem to hurt a lot more than outdoors.

The OP shouldve named the thread, Im speculating, but I am wrong because Smart Top is racing. 

• Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

It’s one thing for a team with no chance of winning wanting to stay home. It’s a totally different thing for Roczen and Webb. Their teams want to race 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:

"Supposedly", they're actually working together for the good of the sport" and if the restart goes off as planned, David Prater said, "it will not interfere with MX". And if anything happens that stops the racing after they start back, he said they will call the season done and award the number1 plate to the points leader. No more attempts for 2020.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

On 5/20/2020 at 3:24 PM, 2uptite said:

The OP shouldve named the thread, Im speculating, but I am wrong because Smart Top is racing. 

I tried to put a question mark at the end but I'm not allowed to edit anymore. I'm sorry hopefully make it up to you in the near future. 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Piney Woods said:

Who is Smart Top?

Mike, MotoConcepts Racing's owner, also owns Leisure Concepts.  Leisure Concepts makes Spa accessories like the Smartop cover.  MXA has been pretty harsh on Mike at times as a vanity owner, but Mike and his family are diehard dirtbikers and racers.  He's done a lot for the local riding community, and has good taste in beer.  The sport needs more people like Mike and his family.

• Helpful 1

On 5/20/2020 at 3:24 PM, 2uptite said:

rather read a speculative racing thread than another tainted with health news and other non racing BULLCHIT