I have a ttr 125l and was considering racing but wasn’t sure what type of bike to look at. Someone recommended a yz125 but I felt that was a really big difference, almost too big, to go from a smaller four stroke trail bike to a bigger two stroke... am I wrong? 

• Haha 1

Do you know how to ride a motor cycle? They basically are all the same. Yes the engine's are different, and yes some are more powerful than others, but they are the same. So ya wanna race? Ya gots the money? Go buy the YZ-125 an don't look back!image.png.04a37ee06c148b0dfea9dbc5948255fb.png

43 minutes ago, yamaha1156 said:

I have a ttr 125l and was considering racing but wasn’t sure what type of bike to look at. Someone recommended a yz125 but I felt that was a really big difference, almost too big, to go from a smaller four stroke trail bike to a bigger two stroke... am I wrong? 

Racing what? MX? Enduro? Hare scramble? What's your height, weight & skill level?  What's your budget? Have you mastered your TTR125L?

25 minutes ago, B Squared said:

Racing what? MX? Enduro? Hare scramble? What's your height, weight & skill level?  What's your budget? Have you mastered your TTR125L?

I would be racing MX and I’m around 5’7 and about 120. As far as my budget... I would be putting money aside for a while and I wouldn’t say I’ve mastered the ttr but I feel extremely comfortable and confident when I get on to ride.

25 minutes ago, B Squared said:

I would be racing MX and I’m around 5’7 and about 120. As far as my budget... I would be putting money aside for a while and I wouldn’t say I’ve mastered the ttr but I feel extremely comfortable and confident when I get on to ride.

You really have no smaller step up than a 125, below that would be a super mini(80 big wheel) and that would be too small. 

• Helpful 1

14 minutes ago, T.T. Rider said:

You really have no smaller step up than a 125, below that would be a super mini(80 big wheel) and that would be too small. 

KX100? Maybe similar in size to the TTR125L, but with lots of power, suspension and brakes. CRF150RB too.

• Helpful 1

15 hours ago, T.T. Rider said:

MX has no 100 class though. well not here in Ca anyway.

No 100 (supermini) class in the entire state?

A 125 is the perfect size bike for you. You will be forced to learn how to ride it, which for racing will be a good thing. You are way too tall at 5’7” for any mini or super mini. Don’t fool yourself anyway a 85 or crf150r are rockets. 

• Helpful 1