81 dr500

Just picked up an ol junket to bring back from the grave. She sat for 6 years an got locked up. I sprayed wd in the spark plug hole an let it sit for 2 days. It freed the piston. It has spark and a ton of compression. I got it running but it died and now it acts like there's no spark?? And what are the screws on the carb supposed to be set at?? 

On 5/20/2020 at 4:58 PM, Lucas Wood said:

I need to know what to set the screws to

I bought one of these a few months back, Ive been messing with the stock carburetor ever since, they are very stingy and way to complicated they overfuel like crazy, trust me. the setup of the picture below is perfect, the carb is a 36mm mikuni carburetor, the intake flange is new(you have to get a new one with the carb because the carb intake is a few mm smaller) the airfilter is a 6 inch K&N and you have to replace the twist throttle because the stock one has a push and pull system and this system is just a pull. everything is on the summit racing website, install this setup and replace the sparkplug and it will run great, by the way, you will need a prybar to remove the airbox.

Screenshot 2020-11-03 at 8.24.39 AM.png