dedao

Yamaha transmission bearings

Hello,

I want to Change the 4 transmission bearings on my Yamaha wr250f 2003.

I went to koyo representant on my area and they dont have the sprocket bearing 6204  22-50-14 RUED. They Said that maybe this is a bearing that ONLY the manufacturer ( Yamaha) can sell.

They have other bearings of the same size, they have with the C3 and C4 clearances.

Im in doubt if i keep the old bearing or install these others bearings.

Can anyone help me?

Writing from Portugal.

Best regards

IMG_20200502_091835570.jpg

IMG_20200426_202239190.jpg

Help please, i need to make a decision about this. 🙂

Posted (edited)

A quick google search says you can buy 6204REUD off the shelf https://www.123bearing.co.uk/bearing-6204-RUED-SH2-9T2-C3-KOYO.php

The bearing seems to be a 6204-DLA8-UR3-U4-C3-KOYO, so as the rep if he has this bearing

Looks like you need some new gears as well as some teeth appear broken in your photo 

Edited by GuyGraham

Posted (edited)

Thanks but this bearing on the link is the normal RUED with other dimensions. I cant find One like mine ( same dimensions, Seal and RUED)

The koyo rep ONLY have a normal 22-50-14  C3 and C4 with rubber seal... He Said that the C4 is better and more expensive also.https://www.123bearing.eu/bearing-62-22-2RS-KOYO.php. this same bearing on the link is Also used on the bike, on the other SIDE of the shaft. See  my bearings photo.

Yes the 4th gears are bad. Im waiting for them also to see if i can assembly this thing back to life.

IMG_20200419_093450947.jpg

Edited by dedao

Posted (edited)

So the bearing is marked as 6204 but is really a 62/22 as it is 22x50x14 as opposed to the normal size of 22x47x14 for an off the shelf 6204 bearing

You may need to buy it from Yamaha then, as it does seem to be a special.

RUED seems to indicate metal shield with a rubber lip. As the bearing has to resist oil pressure so the oil gets pumped to the transmisson, then it looks like you will need to get if from Yamaha

Yamaha do have a habbit of doing this as I have come across this before, whereby the bearings cannot be bought anywhere other than from Yamaha at inflated cost

C4 is not better than C3 nor vice versa. It just has a bigger internal clearance for use  in hotter enviroments, to allow for greater expansion of the metal without locking solid. It would not be any good for use at room temp however. Engines use C3 clearance bearings internally

Edited by GuyGraham
  • Like 1

Thank you very much, maybe i Will put the old bearing in,. Its not bad. Turns softly... 🙂