97 RM250 Crank Shaft

Does anyone have a line on where to find a crank shaft for a 97 RM250?  I know the 96-00 crank will work, but am having troubles finding one.  TIA!

Ooof good luck finding one. That's an odd ball year, just like my RMX 250. I would just look at ebay as much as you can. Something is bound to pop up. Always does

I’ve got the same bike an completely rebuilt it years ago. 

RMATV offers  The crank for under 700$ but I had mine rebuilt locally  (new rod, bearings, etc.) for under $300 locally and have over 50 Hard hours on it without issues. 

You can still buy the parts and send it off to a person who rebuilds them professionally. I have had two done by him. 1st one I used his parts, 2nd one I bought the aftermarket rod kit and sent it to him. 

His website: MrCrankshaft.com

The guy does a great job and quick turn around, give him a call, real nice person too.

Edited by KnotAPro
Rod kit, spell check after sending, great job geez!

I will check into MrCrankshaft.  I've heard of them before.  I can't get mine fixed locally, the guy who did them won't do them anymore.  Says it's too much of a pain to set up the machine.  I've been checking eBay and will continue to do so.  

If you get that bike running and want to race with a bunch of old timers check out the sevmx series Facebook. If you live near Alabama there is a track called monster mountain MX park near tallesseee Alabama you might enjoy bringing that 97 too.