Inexpensive 150f 200cc kit... VERY

I know I know.... But if someone was looking to do a fresh top end on a 150... Hard to not at least wonder about this kit....

Screenshot_20200520-093123.thumb.png.6f086a1e1412124337f709b3de934a4c.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mixxer said:

I know I know.... But if someone was looking to do a fresh top end on a 150... Hard to not at least wonder about this kit....

Screenshot_20200520-093123.thumb.png.6f086a1e1412124337f709b3de934a4c.png

BBR makes a 195cc kit
EO makes a 225cc kit

Both are bolt on and ride. 
2006 and newer

IE: looks like lots of options for sure. 

• Like 1

I think that with what is going on in many countries at the moment, making people ill and out of work. A person should consider the "Origin of Manufacture" of this kit !! I am sure good pistons are available from a notable manufacturer, for a quick drop in. Then, there are still a few things a person may still be able to do themselves to get better engine performance.

BTW which online store is your PIC from ??

Edited by Scrammer

eBay....

You would be surprised to find out how many "reputable" kits all come from the same source....  All with different price tags...

I believe that recently America was leading the list of number infected... So using your same logic , scammer, I'm sure you have crossed America off the list of places to buy items from, no?!?

2 hours ago, adnohguy said:

BBR makes a 195cc kit
EO makes a 225cc kit

Both are bolt on and ride. 
2006 and newer

IE: looks like lots of options for sure. 

Piston kit, cylinder, camshaft, and gaskets ... For less than a lot of piston prices...

I have bought kits from HondaTrailBikes.com  for many years now... Always very happy with them... Ordered a cylinder just today... Killer prices... Imported for sure...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mixxer said:

eBay....

You would be surprised to find out how many "reputable" kits all come from the same source....  All with different price tags...

I believe that recently America was leading the list of number infected... So using your same logic , scammer, I'm sure you have crossed America off the list of places to buy items from, no?!?

China ,, but scammer is not my logic !! Then come the sellers from Kong Kong ,, Followed by Taiwan ,, Use them if you like.
Bro, I am an American. I know a ton of these parts come out of China

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Scrammer said:

China ,, but scammer is not my logic !! Then come the sellers from Kong Kong ,, Followed by Taiwan ,, Use them if you like.
Bro, I am an American. I know a ton of these parts come out of China

Relax, oh great and vigilant protector of the nation....

Nobody was looking to buy one today.... I don't own a 150f either...

It's just showing a fairly complete kit at a good price...

Everybody's delivery driver and mail carrier is exposed to every package from everywhere every day... Amazon workers... UPS workers.... FedEx workers... All places are currently infected....

Just me showing this kit is not opening Pandora's Box... It's already open....

10 hours ago, Scrammer said:

I think that with what is going on in many countries at the moment, making people ill and out of work. A person should consider the "Origin of Manufacture" of this kit !! I am sure good pistons are available from a notable manufacturer, for a quick drop in. Then, there are still a few things a person may still be able to do themselves to get better engine performance.

BTW which online store is your PIC from ??

BTW...

This is a big bore kit , complete with 200cc cylinder/ piston kit/ performance camshaft , and gaskets...

Not just a drop in replacement piston... That's why I shared it...

Hey listen ,, You can buy all the Chinese stuff you want ,, I was just suggesting one to consider something else,  Knowing how Eff't'up China is getting in the world today ,, They need your money ,, I can obviously see it is a Big Bore Kit 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scrammer said:

Hey listen ,, You can buy all the Chinese stuff you want ,, I was just suggesting one to consider something else,  Knowing how Eff't'up China is getting in the world today ,, They need your money ,, I can obviously see it is a Big Bore Kit 

I would like to invite you to get a life and go to a forum where your lame non technical add-ins may be useful or appreciated....

Run along boy scout... You have done your good deed with your:

"Run and hide, even though the whole world is infected, this product was made in China!"

This is a technical forum where technical details are considered and debated on merit... And you offered zero input other than consider the origin country... No tech details or comparisons at all... Perhaps you should be on a phone forum or computer forum saving thousands more people from buying those China products.... than derailing a crf150f big bore kit thread....

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, mixxer said:

eBay....

I think you missed the point. I believe the gist is, the Chicoms screwed us with Covid, don't buy Chicom stuff? Unless it's a crate of cheap AKs, because Murka.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, mixxer said:

I would like to invite you to get a life and go to a forum where your lame non technical add-ins may be useful or appreciated....

Run along boy scout... You have done your good deed with your:

"Run and hide, even though the whole world is infected, this product was made in China!"

This is a technical forum where technical details are considered and debated on merit... And you offered zero input other than consider the origin country... No tech details or comparisons at all... Perhaps you should be on a phone forum or computer forum saving thousands more people from buying those China products.... than derailing a crf150f big bore kit thread....

Spare me the Grief ,, This is just about price, look at the title. I commented about where it may have come from, where will the money go. Nobody gave a Bore Size ,, Nobody offered a predicted HP Gain, or quality of the materials, etc. No Bang for the Buck info here. No technical details other than "upgrade camshaft 150cc to 200cc" at a "Hard to not at least wonder about this kit...." price. 

Edited by Scrammer

27 minutes ago, Scrammer said:

Spare me the Grief ,, This is just about price, I commented about where it may have come from, where will the money go. Nobody gave a Bore Size ,, Nobody offered a predicted HP Gain, or quality of the materials, etc. No Bang for the Buck info here. No technical details other than "upgrade camshaft 150cc to 200cc" at a "Hard to not at least wonder about this kit...." price. 

Correct ....

Wonder about it .... 

Since many people are buying used bikes that are in this forum expressly because their long production runs allow for earlier models to be purchased inexpensively ... And since there are a lot of older models, maybe a few people would like an inexpensive rebuild kit....

Even if their isn't a big improvement, the price is very good for a simple rebuild...

Perhaps someone did have information about the kit... Some tech talk could be had...

Many parts sold by companies like BBR come straight out of the same factories.... Scratcher, I hope you know BBR doesn't have in an in house casting facility making cylinders and playing them... Nor do they forge and grind camshafts...

Neither do a shitload of other performance shops that order and private label products from existing companies... 

Let me break it down a bit further for you.... Let's see if you think that Walmart actually runs pharmaceutical companies of their own... Or plastic bag blow molding facilities... Or aluminum processing plants making foil next to their paper mill making their own toilet paper...

Here comes the shocker... They don't... Great Value is just their home brand private label name... 

Same thing here... One company may be forging and plating cylinders for production orders... Where the private label company puts their sticker on it and jacks the price 500%...   And then they still make a bigger production run and sell it themselves for a profit they are actually happy with...

Nothing wrong with presenting a tech topic for discussion in a tech forum....

However some people find it offensive when someone has nothing informative to add and then hijacks the thread to be all about them...

In some circles you would be labeled 

"The Hole of an Ass"

Seriously ... You should be apologizing for the derail for attention here... And then exiting and hosting a thread of your own on any topic you want ...in this free country...

Edited by mixxer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Apples and Oranges, but I beat the living shit out of the HTB 88cc bb kit on my daughter's 70 for years without issue.  Even took 2nd in the "money class" back in the day at Malvern against much better equipped machines.  If I had a 150, I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to use their parts on a build.

• Like 2

China for sure, poor quality like everything else. I will say this, I race and a lot of good racers ride 125's. And I mean a lot of "A" racers, so don't think a 150 is not enough. But we're always looking for more power. I race a ktm 250 and am thinking of a 300 kit for $800. If I had a 125 I could probably do anything on it, and probably would win.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mixxer said:

Correct ....

Wonder about it .... 

Since many people are buying used bikes that are in this forum expressly because their long production runs allow for earlier models to be purchased inexpensively ... And since there are a lot of older models, maybe a few people would like an inexpensive rebuild kit....

Even if their isn't a big improvement, the price is very good for a simple rebuild...

Perhaps someone did have information about the kit... Some tech talk could be had...

Many parts sold by companies like BBR come straight out of the same factories.... Scratcher, I hope you know BBR doesn't have in an in house casting facility making cylinders and playing them... Nor do they forge and grind camshafts...

Neither do a shitload of other performance shops that order and private label products from existing companies... 

Let me break it down a bit further for you.... Let's see if you think that Walmart actually runs pharmaceutical companies of their own... Or plastic bag blow molding facilities... Or aluminum processing plants making foil next to their paper mill making their own toilet paper...

Here comes the shocker... They don't... Great Value is just their home brand private label name... 

Same thing here... One company may be forging and plating cylinders for production orders... Where the private label company puts their sticker on it and jacks the price 500%...   And then they still make a bigger production run and sell it themselves for a profit they are actually happy with...

Nothing wrong with presenting a tech topic for discussion in a tech forum....

However some people find it offensive when someone has nothing informative to add and then hijacks the thread to be all about them...

In some circles you would be labeled 

"The Hole of an Ass"

Seriously ... You should be apologizing for the derail for attention here... And then exiting and hosting a thread of your own on any topic you want ...in this free country...

Oh Knowledgeable one ,,I don't know where you got "All About Me" from my small comment about where it is made ,, BTW I do know all that stuff you are talking about as I do have an extensive background in Metals, Machining and Manufacturing. I do know these dealers you are talking about get there stuff in 1, or all of 3 places ,, China, Hong Kong, or Taiwan. Taiwan is the better of the 3. I have used their parts and always find something "Quirky" about them. The general rule here is "You Get What You Pay For" Listen, Sir Mix A Lot, I am an American, and right now I live in the heart of China Bike Country. I will tell you what, these bikes fall apart faster than the owners can pay off their small bank loan on them, in every way, engine, chassis electrical etc ,, Only the Japanese models keep going for a reasonable amount of time. I have seen a run on Big Bore kits for a certain model Honda, and it ended fast. Less than a year and nobody would buy them.

I really do not approve spending money on a supposed bargain, to a country that just gave the world a bad illness and has been ripping off everything they can. I just suggested that, yahh, hey , this stuff is made in China, before people drop their cash. Did I say not to buy. No !! I said "there are still a few things a person may still be able to do themselves to get better engine performance". Maybe Next time I will ask for permission to comment on YOUR thread ,, Better yet, like you told me is the same, you could start YOUR very own forum of sorts and you could be the Mix Master, and if anybody disagrees with YOUR posts well then ... You think I Hi jacked YOUR Thread ,, I only made 1  "ONE"  comment, and you got all Mixed Off ,,  Inexpensive 150f 200cc kit... VERY not very technical from the beginning ,,  

Edited by Scrammer
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, jeffrey sisti said:

China for sure, poor quality like everything else. I will say this, I race and a lot of good racers ride 125's. And I mean a lot of "A" racers, so don't think a 150 is not enough. But we're always looking for more power. I race a ktm 250 and am thinking of a 300 kit for $800. If I had a 125 I could probably do anything on it, and probably would win.

Jeffrey my boy....

This bike in question is a play bike...

It's not a full size bike...

It's an air cooled play bike/ trail bike...

Nice that you are so deeply involved in dirt bikes that you are talking about 125 mx bikes and 250 2-strokes with 300 kits.... While the topic is about an air cooled 4 stroke mini bike...

Don't ever stop being yourself...you keep right on bring you... Don't ever let not having a freaking clue wtf you are talking about ever stop you in any way... you go boy💪💪

Edited by mixxer
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

Apples and Oranges, but I beat the living shit out of the HTB 88cc bb kit on my daughter's 70 for years without issue.  Even took 2nd in the "money class" back in the day at Malvern against much better equipped machines.  If I had a 150, I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to use their parts on a build.

LOL...  Friend of mine just bought that kit for his girlfriends pit bike 70..

I had a 140 something HTB kit in a klx110... Me and all my friends and kids rode it like we stole it for 10 years... Zero problems... Lots of fun

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Scrammer said:

Oh Knowledgeable one ,,I don't know where you got "All About Me" from my small comment about where it is made ,, BTW I do know all that stuff you are talking about as I do have an extensive background in Metals, Machining and Manufacturing. I do know these dealers you are talking about get there stuff in 1, or all of 3 places ,, China, Hong Kong, or Taiwan. Taiwan is the better of the 3. I have used their parts and always find something "Quirky" about them. The general rule here is "You Get What You Pay For" Listen, Sir Mix A Lot, I am an American, and right now I live in the heart of China Bike Country. I will tell you what, these bikes fall apart faster than the owners can pay off their small bank loan on them, in every way, engine, chassis electrical etc ,, Only the Japanese models keep going for a reasonable amount of time. I have seen a run on Big Bore kits for a certain model Honda, and it ended fast. Less than a year and nobody would buy them.

I really do not approve spending money on a supposed bargain, to a country that just gave the world a bad illness and has been ripping off everything they can. I just suggested that, yahh, hey , this stuff is made in China, before people drop their cash. Did I say not to buy. No !! I said "there are still a few things a person may still be able to do themselves to get better engine performance". Maybe Next time I will ask for permission to comment on YOUR thread ,, Better yet, like you told me is the same, you could start YOUR very own forum of sorts and you could be the Mix Master, and if anybody disagrees with YOUR posts well then ... You think I Hi jacked YOUR Thread ,, I only made 1  "ONE"  comment, and you got all Mixed Off ,,  Inexpensive 150f 200cc kit... VERY not very technical from the beginning ,,  

LOL...

You and Jeffrey sisti should become pen pals...

I personally invite you to go have intimate relations with yourself 👍

You have added nothing except to prance around like a princess looking for attention...

You know what would get you the attention you so desperately crave??

Stick that flag if yours up your exit hole ... And walk on your hands while waving it around....

I don't believe you even own a dirt bike... Spin your own wrenches... Or have any technical knowledge to add on any topic....

Take some time and read my library of postings.. figure out who I am and what I know....and educate yourself a bit... You might like learning.. give it a try 🤘

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1