KTM Freeride 250R street legal in Greece/Romania?

Anyone know?

Mainly interested in the Red Bull Romaniacs race and the Greek Hellas Rally.

I've been wanting to enter these races for a while but me being from Canada and these races in Europe, I have no idea what I'll have to go through to compete in these races if my bike is a 2 stroke KTM.

If anyone has experience with such enduros, let me know.

Can I just ship my bike over to the race venue and expect to run the race? I'm interested in 2 things: i) Could my US version Freeride be insured for street legality in those countries? ii) if you've participated in these enduros and have advice.

When I look at last year's list of entrants in the Hellas rally, I actually don't see any 2T's in the list. Which makes me wonder. But I really can't find info on whether that's because 2T's cant be street legal'd in Greece or if 2T's are just unsuitable for such a rally. Yes, I know it would be insane for a carb'd bike to take on a soft rally like that but it's the only bike I have for now lol.

All 2stroke enduro bikes are street legal in Greece. However this race is a rally so the course every day is about 200-300 kms and on dirt roads of various difficulty and some times requires high speeds. Most people are using 350+ cc enduro bikes and I think fitted with navigation equipment. So maybe it's better to rent a bike more suitable to this race and I believe the same applies - for different reasons - to the Romaniacs (a completely different race) where the only advantage of your bike is that it is easier to lift being smaller and lighter than a typical enduro bike. Insurance-wise, I think that if you get an international coverage from your insurer that will be OK. You'd better contact the organizer to ask more details and suggestions. 

Also you should consider the transportation costs and possible delays to clear the customs... 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1