2016 350 xcf overheating

Hey guys, was riding this weekend and it was single track, tight trails and some hill climbs and I was overheating when I stopped like right away. I have engine ice in my rads. Is there a better water pump I can get?? I don’t really wanna run a fan. 

Slow n go, hard riding... you know the story...leads to overheat.  Often though, I wonder a couple things riders may not mention: outside temp and elevation.  I didn’t really overheat unless long period of slow on my 450 and 85F+ outside. Also, slow + 6000ft or more would equal overheat/blow water. Not sure if your issue????

Yeah the temp was little hot that day maybe 23-26 (Canada talk) but wasnt to high I don't think. It wasn't to much of a concern just was wondering. No one likes when your bike off heats haha. I do run thinker oil if that makes a difference (15-40 shell)   

It just seems so common, the closer the bike is to “racing build” (high compression, high speed gearing) coupled with slow riding and no fan usually equates to ease of overheat.  For me, I just try to mix in sections of sustained speed in my single track to stay cool. Be cool, man!  Get a fan kit?  Hope this helps in some small way. 

You can run Evans, it will not boil, period. Bad news is you can really overheat your engine without the warning of steam or coolant smell. Use a little common sense though and it will allow you to push it a little bit. If a lot of your time is spent in tight stuff, ultimately a fan is the only answer. 

• Like 1

Under arduous slow moving conditions, all bikes need fans, and ideally coolant recovery systems.

• Like 1