PWK 38 Air Striker Discontinued?

I tried to place an order for an air striker carb to replace the PWM currently installed on my KTM 200 EXC and the guys in Japan said it’s been discontinued, no way to get hold of one new. So just go ahead with the standard PWK 38mm? It’s $180 new which seems reasonable. 

680DC94A-5F60-478C-B311-FC082852F26A.png

19 minutes ago, mog said:

JD jetting? 

Ktm dealers sell them from the 16 models 

I’m in SE Asia so easiest to order from Japan. Should take less than a week to arrive and cheap shipping, ordering from the States by contrast would take a lot longer and shipping would be higher. The standard carb is also around $80 cheaper so I’m wondering if that’s the best option. 

• Like 1

The pwk air striker out performs the other carbs if that's what your after 

It should be fine for that 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jeremiah Whyte said:

I’m in SE Asia so easiest to order from Japan. Should take less than a week to arrive and cheap shipping, ordering from the States by contrast would take a lot longer and shipping would be higher. The standard carb is also around $80 cheaper so I’m wondering if that’s the best option. 

In SE Asia eh?......I envy you.  Thailand perhaps?  I miss off roading northern Thailand.....I'll be on a flight first thing when this virus is under control. Cheers. 

On 5/22/2020 at 3:19 AM, Robert S said:

In SE Asia eh?......I envy you.  Thailand perhaps?  I miss off roading northern Thailand.....I'll be on a flight first thing when this virus is under control. Cheers. 

I’m actually next door in Myanmar. Here we don’t bother registering dirt bikes and they get smuggled in which keeps the price down. In Thailand imported bikes (that means all dirt bikes) are super expensive so they tend to ride modified CRF250Ls. Admittedly we don’t have the roads of Northern Thailand but Myanmar has a lot to offer too. Give me a shout if you come this way. Also recommend C&P Big Bikes in Chiang Mai. 

The guys in Japan don’t have stock of the regular PWK so looks like I’m gonna get the air striker from the states, when I can afford it.