XR600R Hot Cams timing

I am rebuilding my engine and fitted a 106mm big bore. Because the engine started very difficult I lowered my compression towards stock compression by adjusting the cylinder height. Now I want to check the timing of my camshaft; if it's still correct because of the changed height. Or even beter: by setting the camshaft upon the correct timing this may improve the starting.

Anyway, I am looking for the camshaft timing for a HotCams stage 1 camshaft but cannot find it. I would like to know on which degree the inlet/outlet valves are opening/closing. Who can help?

Where did you get the 106 piston. 
how close to zero deck height is it at the moment. 

I think I found the piston from Ebay a few years ago. It's a JE piston if I am not mistaking.

2,45mm to zero deck height (brings me to an compression ratio of +/- 9,2:1)

5 hours ago, XR_Dave said:

I am rebuilding my engine and fitted a 106mm big bore. Because the engine started very difficult I lowered my compression towards stock compression by adjusting the cylinder height. Now I want to check the timing of my camshaft; if it's still correct because of the changed height. Or even beter: by setting the camshaft upon the correct timing this may improve the starting.

Anyway, I am looking for the camshaft timing for a HotCams stage 1 camshaft but cannot find it. I would like to know on which degree the inlet/outlet valves are opening/closing. Who can help?

TT member posted this:

• Helpful 1

You have to contact Hotcam and see if they`ll give you that info..

I have a cam card here for a megacycle cam i installed a few years,,,and i slotted the cam sprocket and made a crank fixture to install a degree wheel...it was surprizing how far i had to move the cam sprocket to get it into spec,,mostly because the head was shaved quite a bit..

B

Edited by brianhare
  • Helpful 1

20 hours ago, EarthCruzn said:

TT member posted this:

Interesting topic but I do not see how this will help me to my problem?

12 hours ago, brianhare said:

You have to contact Hotcam and see if they`ll give you that info..

I was hoping somebody here already has this data. But I am afraid that HotCams will not give this info. (Asked them 2x without response)