Any idea what these holes are for

Just wondering if any1 would have an idea what these 6 holes are for on a 250cc Loncin engine LC166FMM looks like could be some kinda plug to me. 

thanks 

751F44C7-C200-4F17-B0E7-BE60B5BE935C.jpeg

My guess is that's where the wiring for a neutral switch would go for a street legal version of the model.

Its a gear position indication switch. Usually 6 wires.  Yours has either had the wires yanked out, or it is just a dummy plug to keep the oil in the case.

11 hours ago, chadzu said:

Its a gear position indication switch. Usually 6 wires.  Yours has either had the wires yanked out, or it is just a dummy plug to keep the oil in the case.

thanks everyone for the help I found this plug last night in an old box of wires I got with the engine looks like your right it’s the gear position indication switch but the ends are broken I will have to look for a new 1 thanks again for all the help 

569AEB11-8ED5-4AF7-BB2C-11EAB28982B6.jpeg

8A2030D4-E33C-4822-AB26-3ABAEB19BD05.jpeg

B3A2DE3F-A73D-425A-804B-28AD28BAE3A0.jpeg

Unless your bike has the display to show the gear position there is no reason to worry about it.

My nc250 Zongshen engine came with a similar set up and I just clipped the wires because there isn't a display for them.