Richard932

Trail side repairs?

Oops, "trailside" . . . yeah, that wrench just does not fit due to the fork lug in the way. 

Edited by Ben500RR-S

Bass, you beat me to it! Cut him a break, he is from Wisconsin 😀... I lived in Chicago for 10 years, don't cha know....

Edited by rharr

Ground and cut down a double open end wrench.     Tire iron on one end,   Axle wrench on the other.

IMG_3390.JPG

IMG_3391.JPG

IMG_3385 (1).JPG

• Like 3

just run mousse then you won't need a axle wrench or spoon 🤪. Screw your buddies that don't follow suit.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, rharr said:

just run mousse then you won't need a axle wrench or spoon 🤪. Screw your buddies that don't follow suit.

Ha!   Good Point.   But I degenerated (70 years old ) to a WR250R and 175 mile dual sport rides 90% of the time.    1/3  pavement there, and 2/3 logging roads.   Mousse for desert, but not in tires.   Too much heat build up at 55-60 mph?

Or get the Tubliss system.  Working fine for me over two years.  I have not had a flat or slow leak yet. And plenty of asphalt road connectors because of the type of events I like to ride. Not dual sporting, but a lot of pavement. Never over 50mph on those roads though, no need for me to win a race. No issues.

• Like 1

I’ve run into at least 4 tubliss tire failures In the last couple of years . It’s more than Ive seen in tubes. And I haven’t had a flat in years. So many are trying to convince me from still just using heavy duty tubes to going the hundred plus per tire to tubliss. Still watching. Tubes fine so far..

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, RawbW said:

Just zip tie the tire on and ride it back to the truck.

I agree and depending how far etc some good heavy duty zips ties work great and easy to carry and after I got the bike home to deal with a really fluky flat.

708767276_20171110_1504201.jpg.192815d02b38eceb95b67d7b99416707.jpg

Depending on the ride I do carry everything I need either fix a flat or replace a tube but I rarely if ever flat and only as the worst case cus really not something I want to do unless its absolutely needed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, filterx said:

I agree and depending how far etc some good heavy duty zips ties work great and easy to carry and after I got the bike home to deal with a really fluky flat.

708767276_20171110_1504201.jpg.192815d02b38eceb95b67d7b99416707.jpg

Depending on the ride I do carry everything I need either fix a flat or replace a tube but I rarely if ever flat and only as the worst case cus really not something I want to do unless its absolutely needed.

Yeah, 6 heavy duty zip ties will probably do. I pack only the zip ties for my park rides. Not changing a tire for that close of a scenario. If it was forestry ride though, yeah. 

3 hours ago, RawbW said:

Yeah, 6 heavy duty zip ties will probably do. I pack only the zip ties for my park rides. Not changing a tire for that close of a scenario. If it was forestry ride though, yeah. 

Cant go wrong with the zip ties. I keep 4 on me for the same reason as you but actually managed to piece this guys subframe back together a few weeks ago. A couple tie wraps scrap steel and electrical tape and we made it back to the trucks.

• Like 2

Ya I also carry some bailing wire and a few different sized band clamps cus light weight and work good on anything that gets hot.

I always carry toilet paper and some wet wipes cus maybe not need for a repair but you just never know otherwise hopefully you're carrying a knife in case you have to cut your underwear off 🙂

I've been on some 6 or so hour rides and IMO its like channeling your in Boy Scout and always be prepared 🙂

• Like 1