Setting ring gap on KTM oem piston

Yesterday I finished replacing the piston in my ‘17 150 xc-w. After taking it for a ride and returning home I realized I never checked the ring gap. I guess my question is, who has installed an oem piston and had to file the rings? I cannot believe I forgot to check, maybe if the xc-w manual actually had engine service specs I would have caught it. Also I think the fact that the rings were installed on the piston threw me off but enough with the excuses, you can call me a dumbass. Also I used the “size 2” piston as my bike has 94 hours on the clock, not sure if ktm would change the ring size for the #2 size piston.

I've not bothered on OEM , I have on aftermarket

I have only done 4 top ends 1 oem and 3 aftermarket on on my KTM 200 and 300. Never had to adjust ring gap. Always check but newer had to do any filing. You are probably fine especially since you have an OEM. I wouldn't be taking anything apart to check if I was you. 

As above and above. I have not counted, but must be in excess of 40 piston changes in our 125s. Always use Vertex pistons, not necessarily oem KTM Vertex. Have never measured ring gap and never had a problem. Also we always buy new every year and put in .95 pistons (size 2) at first change (15 hours). KTM err on the silly safe side with .94s (for their 1 month warranty lol) when new. You'll not have any problems. Bob

• Helpful 1

I've done top ends on a 98 RM250, 11 KTM 300 XC, 12 GG 300 and 14 Sherco 300 and 17 KTM 250.  I think the 17 is the only one that didn't need the ring gap opened up.  

I would be tempted to check it, but it might be ok.