Hey guys/gals I'm new to the forum and wanted to get some opinions on possibly purchasing a DR650se. Little bit about my riding history I started off on a 03 Suzuki Savage loved the bike bobbed it out 3 years later I was ready for an upgrade. Bought a 06 sportster and it has been my daily commuter for about 4 years now. Still have the Harley but want a dual sport to take trips up north ( I live in south Florida) and do some camping/trail riding. Ive been eyeing this 2012 DR650se with about 13k miles. The gentlemen is ask $4100 OBO for the bike which is in fairly good condition slight scratches here and there nothing major. Wanting to get some second thoughts on the price he is asking also what to look for when checking the bike out and if the miles should be something to worried about etc.. Im in no rush to buy a second bike but ready to purchase if the price and condition is right. Not fully knowledgeable about these machines yet so feedback would be appreciated.  below are some pictures of the bike let me know what you think!

1ef6eb6c49754cada968877ce7b1adbf.jpg

3ae897a0dee04d728d031dfac9d667cd.jpg

58b05a67e3aa4ada839892f72c47d956.jpg

7911c949f31845338ef7cf31f07c56ed.jpg

Seems overpriced to me for the year and mileage.  MSRP is $6599 in 2020.  In 2012 that was probably a $5,500 bike brand new.   

I have a Suzuki DRZ400S which is around the same price and targets the same market.  Mine is a 2012.  I bought mine used in 2016 with 2,043 miles on it for $3,000.

Doc

These DRZs seem to hold their value really well. The one you are looking at looks pretty clean and doesn't have signs its been off road much which is good. I would do a little research on your local market I know is Seattle that would be a pretty fair asking price. Obviously try to get him down a few hundred bucks. Check all the normal stuff, chain sprockets, brake pads, tires. Check oil drain plug and other service bolts and screws for signs of stripping or over tightening, check oil make sure its to the proper level and relatively clean. Talk to the owner get an idea of how the bike was ridden and maintained. 

Looks like a nice bike. They are pretty bullet proof so as long as it has had some maintenance and hasn't been beaten up off road you can't really go wrong.