Dime1994

Yamaha Warrior rev limiter problem

Hello. I bought a 2004 warrior 350 last night and it was running perfectly for about 2 hours. I was riding it around and it started sputtering and backfiring. I know that the emergency brake lever on the clutch usually causes this problem but I have completely removed it from the electrical system and nothing changed. If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know thank you!

My guess is crud in the float bowl got sucked into a jet and is clogging it. I’d start by taking the carb apart and giving it a thorough cleaning. I’d also check the spark plug, maybe old gas funked it up. 

1 hour ago, OKDinosaur said:

My guess is crud in the float bowl got sucked into a jet and is clogging it. I’d start by taking the carb apart and giving it a thorough cleaning. I’d also check the spark plug, maybe old gas funked it up. 

I cleaned the spark plug but I haven’t touched the carb yet. I’ll try that tomorrow but I think it’s an electrical problem because if I mess with the Wires that go to the switch for the emergency brake sometimes I can get it to rev out but it’s very intermittent

16 hours ago, Dime1994 said:

I cleaned the spark plug but I haven’t touched the carb yet. I’ll try that tomorrow but I think it’s an electrical problem because if I mess with the Wires that go to the switch for the emergency brake sometimes I can get it to rev out but it’s very intermittent

You said you completely removed the brake switch from the system? So I’m not sure what wires you’re playing with. If the parking brake switch is disconnected you should be good to go. 

You can always try unplugging the parking brake switch and connecting the wires together. But that should set it to where it thinks the brake is on and won’t allow it to rev, iirc.

There are only two positions for that switch, on or off. Unplug it = off, unplug it and connect the 2 wires together = on. If neither fixes the problem then your problem isn’t the switch.