Anybody installed one of these on their travel trailer AC? How does it work for you?

Looks like a good way to make a smaller generator more effective.

first i heard of them,  looked them up here   https://www.microair.net/collections/easystart-soft-starters

looks like some good offers right now...

EASYSTART SPRING SALE! - Discount Code SPRINGTIME at Checkout and Save $30.00 - RV Rooftop A/C 2014 and Newer? Get Our Double Down Warranty for Free! You DO NOT need to add this to your shopping cart. Download and email The Registration Form from the EasyStart Product Page or Warranty Page. We will be closed on 05/25 : ANY order placed on 05/22 after 12 noon EST will be processed and shipped on 05/26-27.

• Like 1

If anyone comes upon this topic down the road, I have used one for 3 years, works great, and only took about an hour to install.

I have a Yamaha 2k generator (older model without the boost) trying to run a 12 year old dometic 13.5k, and it wouldn't do it. I tried a friend's Honda 2k, same thing. 

The easy start is kind of expensive at $300 or so, but upgrading my portable generator would have been much more, and it wouldn't fit into the compartment in the toy hauler. 

I can start the a/c with Eco mode on now, as long as the generator is warmed up, and it isn't 100+ outside. Higher temps create more pressure in the system, and the compressor is harder to start. If it drags the generator down, the easy start will cut power and try again in a bit, not continuously overload the generator like before. Another nice feature is that the fan kicks on now, and a couple seconds later the compressor starts, which eases the hit as well. Compressor starts are much quieter now too.

The newer a/c units are supposed to be better about peak Amp draw nowadays, and some people claim they can run a 15k unit from a 2k generator, so your benefit may vary. I can now charge my batteries and run the a/c without popping the 15 amp house breaker as well after the install, so there are benefits more than just being able to run off of a genny. 

• Like 1

I've got one on my rpod 182g.  i can run the AC on with my honda 2200eu on eco mode.  it wouldn't run it prior.  Really expensive unit but it works and works great!

• Like 1

I ended up buying a easy start unit but havent gotten around to wiring it in to the AC yet which is a 13.5K unit, also had to get a new generator so should be set now.

I do like the new Honda 2200 inverter generator, mostly because its lighter and doesnt take up much room . Was amazed to find out how many different brands of generators are available but decided to go with what I would consider the best small generator in the honda.