I am getting an 1987 xr 250 would it make a good competitive enduro bike?

10 hours ago, Daniel Pitt said:

Personally I would prefer 2 strokes aswell it's just I'm not that great with mixing stuff together and with my understanding you have to give it a top end rebuild every 30 hours witch ik is longer than it sounds but I would rather have a bike that once it's built it's built I don't have to take it apart for years as long as I keep up maintenance and don't ride it too hard 

Daniel my brother, you were more than just a friend, buy a ratio-rite plastic measuring cup, and you will never fail at mixing premix. With 2 strokes, the bigger the bore the longer it last. Remember its a enduro, so you dont have to rev its guts out to make fwd momentum. And just follow the schedule for parts replacement and you will be good to go..

Most MX 2T's only have one ring, they're the top ends you need to freshen up after around 40 hours. Enduro 2T's typically have 2 rings, and you get a shit load more hours from the top ends.

Back in the 80 2T days, we used to do premix like cooking, a splash of this, and a splash of that. Was never a problem :D.

• Like 1