So the radiator on my ‘05 yz85 is a little bent on the right side if you are looking at it from the front. The seller said that it wasn’t tied down well one time when he was transporting it and it fell over and hit another bike and bent it. This looks like it probably happened. I have heard of radiators being blocked or clogged or something along those lines, but basically coolant isn’t getting where it needs to be thus not cooling the engine properly and causing many issues. How do I tell if my radiator is working correctly?

Edited by Burke Moore

4 hours ago, Burke Moore said:

So the radiator on my ‘05 yz85 is a little bent on the right side if you are looking at it from the front. The seller said that it wasn’t tied down well one time when he was transporting it and it fell over and hit another bike and bent it. This looks like it probably happened. I have heard of radiators being blocked or clogged or something along those lines, but basically coolant isn’t getting where it needs to be thus not cooling the engine properly and causing many issues. How do I tell if my radiator is working correctly?

There's multiple tubes thru each Rad for fluid to flow thru, I about smashed one in half and never overheated.

With bike cool start bike and remove radiator cap, you should see fluid starting to flow, blip the throttle and you'll really see some movement. If you don't I'd suspect water pump break

2 hours ago, Smoking 2's said:

There's multiple tubes thru each Rad for fluid to flow thru, I about smashed one in half and never overheated.

With bike cool start bike and remove radiator cap, you should see fluid starting to flow, blip the throttle and you'll really see some movement. If you don't I'd suspect water pump break

And it won’t explode everywhere?

1 hour ago, Burke Moore said:

And it won’t explode everywhere?

Not when cold, if you open it while hot, your not only getting burnt but making a big mess

4 hours ago, Smoking 2's said:

Not when cold, if you open it while hot, your not only getting burnt but making a big mess

So just do it right after I start the bike?

3 hours ago, Burke Moore said:

So just do it right after I start the bike?

Yeah fire bike up from cold and open or open first then start but the rattle from starting may splash out a little.