I use No Toil RED on my CRF250R foam filters and once a bit worked in slowly at a time till the filter is oiled and dried I never noticed an issue with dripping oil out of the bottom of the air box but I've seen a few pics of bikes with No Toil in the air box but IMO they were over oiled and maybe a combination of ambient temps nut I'm guessing. With that said it (and I would assume any oil filter oil) will eventually build up in the air box and cleaning it is just part of something I do usually once a year OR sooner if needed if its super dusty etc and looks like it needs cleaning.

The DRZ I recent got has a K&N fiber air filter and when I first cleaned/oiled it with the K&N bio recharge kit, I way over oiled the filter and had the oil dripping out of the bottom of the air after the first couple of rides and never notice an issue with the performance of the bike cus if any got in the carb it just burned off.

1 hour ago, hondaman331 said:

I’m glad for you. We used my old 2016 YZ450F and tried the green no- toil and it made a mess, pooled up on throttle body and still let dirt in. Went 150hrs on stock top end with no dirt using bel ray. Like I said, to each their own. Water itself will wash the notoil away.... not like bikes get wet so what’s to worry

Nah... If you get it on your hands and it dries, try washing it off with water, let alone dishwashing liquid and water. Nope... I know you don't like it and that's cool, but what you said simply isn't true.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

16 minutes ago, B Squared said:

Nah... If you get it on your hands and it dries, try washing it off with water, let alone dishwashing liquid and water. Nope... I know you don't like it and that's cool, but what you said simply isn't true.

It’s simply what I experienced, again it’s always your own choice. I like the idea.... only reason I tried.

Ya you need their cleaner or something similar (which also works good for cleaning the sink after you wash the filter) and I use rubber gloves when oiling a filter.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, burntvalves said:

who doesn't use rubber gloves when oiling an air filter?  

A better question might be who DIDN"T use rubber gloves the FIRST time they oil a foam air filter?

Otherwise I don't need to use them when I oil the K&N fiber filter cus I just need to oil each fin from a bottle with a small outlet and its not messy even when I over oiled it but the oil is still sticky.

I might replace the K&N fiber with a foam filter on my DRZ but so far I'm OK with the K&N one.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, hondaman331 said:

I’m sorry. I feel most hate honest answers in 2020. I have seen notoil fall off every filter it’s been on despite amount used great and small, it’s the only cause of oil in an air box in 2020

Well whatever. I can't imagine how your take on people hating honest answers,  applies in any way to my statement about applying and cleaning up a specific oil. so I guess I am the one that is confused. 

3 hours ago, hondaman331 said:

Edited by ossagp1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ossagp1 said:

Well whatever. I can't imagine how your take on people hating honest answers,  applies in any way to my statement about applying and cleaning up a specific oil. so I guess I am the one that is confused. 

It’s oil, you aren’t getting it for free and they aren’t paying you. The original post was about the stupid oil falling off his filter and into air box, this happens with only one oil in the world, and it’s notoil. Mystery solved. Game over. The stuff isn’t really good and it keeps fluidity, something petroleum base doesn’t do. It’s also expensive for what I consider a lackluster product. My response was also a reply to a statement you made that has nothing to do with cleaning so I’m pretty confused as to what you are talking about. Anyway you put it, I’m up and getting ready to ride and hopefully everyone else is too. Kung flu is over and we can ride again

11 hours ago, hondaman331 said:

I’m sorry. I feel most hate honest answers in 2020. I have seen notoil fall off every filter it’s been on despite amount used great and small, it’s the only cause of oil in an air box in 2020

How about shaking the bottle before you apply? Maybe not put so much on and cleaning your filter once a month?

• Like 1

Just now, yz250f 78 said:

How about shaking the bottle before you apply? Maybe not put so much on and cleaning your filter once a month?

I have to clean my filter every ride or race, usually dusty and deep sand. I’be been riding for 30 years, am pretty good with mechanicals, have done all the work on all the bikes I’ve had....which is a lot. I did ask notoil questions as I was trying the product. I’ve used belray and maxima since 1989 and know how to oil a filter, over oiling will result in a foiled plug with those products. 

5 minutes ago, yz250f 78 said:

Maybe I could rephrase and just say it’s not as good as maxima or belray. There are 100s of threads where people have notoil dripping off their filter on to air box but none with belray or maxima. There was a thread last year where a guy posted his process and installation and then the photo of all the notoil settled down on bottom of filter in a week. My brother experienced that exactly, we tried going thinner in oil and it still moved. Like I said, anyone is free to do what they want, I like the idea, it didn’t work.

I had dripping filter when I first bought the bike, dripped with Motul cleaner and oil and not dripping when I switched to Twinair biodegradable cleaner and oil. Since Twinair I started using water and did many washes so the filters got really clean from previous solvents. I think the solvents that stay in the filter makes it easier to start dripping despite properly drying after washing and oiling. 

• Like 2

So is no-toil known for losing it's functionality after a few months? Asking because I just used it for the first time on brand new UNIs in my 98 YZ400 and 86 KX125, and my 82 CX500 Turbo, but haven't really had a chance to ride because the Rona has taken my income source and tanked it. 

16 hours ago, Alaskan Hiker said:

Funnel-web?  Good or not

Nice quality filter for sure. But, not sure I test its claimed ability to hold more dirt and still flow because of its greater surface area. I change my filters often. It certainly has what looks and feels like better build quality than both the Twin Air and No Toil foam filters I have in the rotation.

• Helpful 1

Dripping filter oil?   I truly believe people over apply it!   We clean filters every ride. Never ever had no-toil dripping off filter into the box

21 hours ago, B Squared said:

Yeah it's super tacky, gotta use lava or orange stuff, Dawn won't wash it off my hands with hot water, not concerned with it coming off the filter.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, hondaman331 said:

It’s oil, you aren’t getting it for free and they aren’t paying you. The original post was about the stupid oil falling off his filter and into air box, this happens with only one oil in the world, and it’s notoil. Mystery solved. Game over. The stuff isn’t really good and it keeps fluidity, something petroleum base doesn’t do. It’s also expensive for what I consider a lackluster product. My response was also a reply to a statement you made that has nothing to do with cleaning so I’m pretty confused as to what you are talking about. Anyway you put it, I’m up and getting ready to ride and hopefully everyone else is too. Kung flu is over and we can ride again

As I've previously post it can happen with the bio K&N oil if you over oil the filter