I recently patched a flat on my 230 and when I put the wheele on and tried the brakes I could press them all the way down and it wouldn’t grab at all and I did pull back that little spring and tightened down that little nut that attaches the lever to the drum it’s  self

If I had to guess.  Did you slide the drum brake onto the tab on the swingarm.  This is what keeps the drum from rotating.

Check out 9:40 in the video.  This is the tab you need to line up with the swing arm.  If you did this and it still isn't working.  I'd probably pull the wheel and check that the brakes is functioning properly.

• Like 2

On 5/22/2020 at 8:40 AM, Indigorider said:

........and I did pull back that little spring and tightened down that little nut that attaches the lever to the drum it’s  self

It sounds like you may have removed the brake arm to get the wheel off instead of removing the rod which connects that arm to the brake pedal. If this is the case, you’ll need to remove the arm again and keep trying different positions. Start with a position of about. 11 o’clock looking at the drum and backing plate. What you’re shooting for is for the arm to stop rotating forward slightly before 12 o’clock (straight up and down) for maximum brake leverage. Start by removing the brake rod from the arm, then put it back on after setting the brake arm position and adjust your brake pedal position to your liking. 

Edited by motrock93b