What's the biggest riding area in Tennessee?

By 'big' do you mean miles of trail, miles of singletrack, acreage, popularity? I don't think you can go wrong between Windrock, Brimstone, or Royal Blue but hopefully one of the locals will hop on here and give you a better recommendation on which one. All three have more ground that y'all will cover in one trip but I'm not sure which have the least singletrack. 

1 hour ago, ox715 said:

By 'big' do you mean miles of trail, miles of singletrack, acreage, popularity? I don't think you can go wrong between Windrock, Brimstone, or Royal Blue but hopefully one of the locals will hop on here and give you a better recommendation on which one. All three have more ground that y'all will cover in one trip but I'm not sure which have the least singletrack. 

Single track would be great but yeah just miles worth of different so we're not riding the same stuff over and over. We are going to royal blue, house or cabin whatever it is, is rented

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, JWR14 said:

Did Royal Blue have any good single track?

Not really. 90% of the trails were basically like roads with giant mudholes from the hundreds of SXS's. Only thing that made it reasonable was most holes had a hard bottom. 

It was dirt biking for a week so nothing terrible about that but I will not go back nor recommend it as a dirt bike vacation.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/12/2020 at 3:20 PM, JWR14 said:

I kinda thought it looked like that...thanks for the reply

I realize I'm late in this thread, but Doe MTN. In mountain city TN should really be ridden. 8,0000 acres, 60 + miles of trails, many of those designated single track/motorcycle only so the dreaded SXS ruts and washout can be avoided. I go every other weekend myself ?

https://doetn.com/

Be sure to print a map before you go.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stevewilliams798 said:

I realize I'm late in this thread, but Doe MTN. In mountain city TN should really be ridden. 8,0000 acres, 60 + miles of trails, many of those designated single track/motorcycle only so the dreaded SXS ruts and washout can be avoided. I go every other weekend myself ?

I think we looked at that once but only being 60 miles we avoided because was was riding for week and didn't want to ride the same stuff over and over but in hind site I woulda rathered anything else

On 9/4/2020 at 12:10 PM, stevewilliams798 said:

I always forget about Doe Mountain...I did a Harescramble up there last year.  Its got some good single track.  Are the trails marked good? Smoking2's, if the trails are anything like the Harescramble was it might take a week to go 60 miles for some....but thats the kinda stuff I like.

• Like 1