Hondadirt07

New Battery

I purchased a Honda battery from the Honda dealer.  Brought it home and charged it until it was fully charged.  I let it sit for 4 hours before doing a load test.  Load test shows it is weak.  Brought a battery home from Battery Plus and charged it to a full charge.  Load tested it and it shows weak.  Brought home a second battery from Battery Plus charged it to full charge.  Load tested it and it was on the line between good and weak.    Can anyone tell me why the new batteries are not testing good?

All 3 are showing "marginal/weak? You're beating some long odds, getting 3 batteries in a row, that aren't serviceable. I wonder if there's something in common with all 3... 

2 hours ago, Hondadirt07 said:

I purchased a Honda battery from the Honda dealer.  Brought it home and charged it until it was fully charged.  I let it sit for 4 hours before doing a load test.  Load test shows it is weak.  Brought a battery home from Battery Plus and charged it to a full charge.  Load tested it and it shows weak.  Brought home a second battery from Battery Plus charged it to full charge.  Load tested it and it was on the line between good and weak.    Can anyone tell me why the new batteries are not testing good?

What are you using to test? 

I would venture to guess the tester's load adjustment isn't set compatible to

such small motorcycle batteries with very limited Ah ratings compared to say an automotive or industrial battery.

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, mlatour said:

I would venture to guess the tester's load adjustment isn't set compatible to

such small motorcycle batteries with very limited Ah ratings compared to say an automotive or industrial battery.

Agree. A motorcycle rated trickle charger would be best.