Help me out yz125 or yz250f

Alright fellas I'm coming off a crf230f, I was a beginner first time getting on a bike about 2 years ago so im lookin to kinda get in deeper water ..im lookin at yz125 and the yz250f but the thing is I know nothing about rebuilds, the maintenance or how to do them but I hear u have to do them a lot and mix gas which I know nttn about but I'm hearing the 250f will have you bankrupt so I dont know what to get..never rode a 2 stroke but they sound crazy I want one but I also am big on 4 strokes coming off the crf230f which was just oil changes,gas, and cleaning air filters..HELP!!

Don't believe everything you hear ........   4T will be just fine ..   Not like you are going to race it hard every single moment ...  normal maintanence like you are used to ......   No need to adjust valves every  5 hrs.    Like everybody implies .....   treat it like a normal CRF 230 - 250  , And it will serve you well ....  YZ 250 F IS A SOLID , DEPENDABLE , WELL BUILT BIKE .......

9 minutes ago, bweighmaster said:

Don't believe everything you hear ........   4T will be just fine ..   Not like you are going to race it hard every single moment ...  normal maintanence like you are used to ......   No need to adjust valves every  5 hrs.    Like everybody implies .....   treat it like a normal CRF 230 - 250  , And it will serve you well ....  YZ 250 F IS A SOLID , DEPENDABLE , WELL BUILT BIKE .......

Thanks bro!! 

If you liked and were comfortable on the 230 then you’ll be comfortable with the 250f. Just a peppier version of what you’re riding currently. Maintenance will be very similar to your 230, keep clean oil and filter in it and ride... the 2 stroke 125 is awesome, but you ride them as though you’re racing... always... sometimes it’s good to just relax and cruise, the 4t250 will excel at that, or haul a$$ when you’re in that mood.. 

both my boys went from yz85’s to 2t 125’s but are now happily riding 250f’s..

Yz125 and get a book on jetting, or devote time to reading up on and understanding it.same goes for rebuilds. It will be easier to repair, and possibly more fun to ride, depending on preference. Excellent skill builder.

yz250f is the most durable of 250f competition bikes, so it has some holding ground. I’d you go this route, definitely get a book on doing all maintenance and top end rebuilds. Paying a shop to do valve checks/adjustments and other things will ding you real hard. Easy to put down some quick laps on this guy, it is effective power.