Cleaned out my carb with some carb cleaner and is still leaking fuel once the fuel is turned on after the bikes been started up . It only leaks fuel once the fuel has been turned on.Everyone is saying it’s the float valve but, I’ve cleaned it and seems to be in good condition . Anyone of hang suggestion what it could be ? 

4 hours ago, Lomas Squire said:

seems to be in good condition

Seems and 'is' can be different

considering the price, why not simply replace the inlet needle and seat (if replaceable)

Also inspect your gas tank, petcock assy and fuel line for debris.

Your make/model/year of bike also useful to know when posting question.

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 2
  • Helpful 1

At the very least set the float. What brand of carburetor?

Can you say Keihin?  I have always thought it is a good idea to know names etc.

That one doesn't have a replaceable seat for the float needle. 

There are easy to follow pictorials on here about how to do it(set the float). Then you will be happier I bet.  Do you have a manual?

Edited by ossagp1
  • Helpful 1

6 hours ago, Lomas Squire said:

Cleaned out my carb with some carb cleaner and is still leaking fuel once the fuel is turned on after the bikes been started up . It only leaks fuel once the fuel has been turned on.Everyone is saying it’s the float valve but, I’ve cleaned it and seems to be in good condition . Anyone of hang suggestion what it could be ? 

Pull off the float bowl, pull out the float needle, and inspect it for wear. It should have a pointy rubber tip with no marks. If it has any marks, replace it.

Inspect the seat with your fingers for any rough spots. It must be perfectly smooth with no pits.

The seat  can be 'refurbished with a plumbers seat grinding tool: $10 at any plumbing supply store.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

I have found the tips to be really forgiving since the viton ones came along. Springs, not so much in 17-20 years with as much sitting as they may do with a load on them. 

But one that constantly drips with the motor OFF is a really good candidate for a leak at the float seat, or even the pressed in seal.