Clutch master cylinder interchangable?

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if the 250cc master cylinders will fit on a 125. 

Has anyone tried ?

They seem to have a different part number but it looks to me that the bore is the same on both.

Thanks!

You'll just have to check the years as the 250 has always been a Brembo clutch master while the 125 was Magura (now Brembo om later models) - they are not interchangeable due to brake fluid/mineral oil. You know if you have a Magura on your 125 as the clamp is secured by a swivel clamp and one bolt. The Brembo is secured by 2 bolts (identical to how your brake master is secured to the handlebars) Hope this helps a bit. Bob.

21 minutes ago, 7Tktm said:

You'll just have to check the years as the 250 has always been a Brembo clutch master while the 125 was Magura (now Brembo om later models) - they are not interchangeable due to brake fluid/mineral oil. You know if you have a Magura on your 125 as the clamp is secured by a swivel clamp and one bolt. The Brembo is secured by 2 bolts (identical to how your brake master is secured to the handlebars) Hope this helps a bit. Bob.

Hey Bob,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm pretty sure it's Magura.

The post is actually not accurate. I own a 200exc from 2008. I posted the question regarding the 125 because I know they are the same master and 125's are more popular. 

I can easily find a clutch master for a 250 from the same year, but I can't find one for the 200 (or 125) .

You think I could use one from the 250? 

What actually matters when chosing a master? I'm thinking the fitting for the hydraulic tube must be the same and the piston should be the same diameter right? Is there anything I'm missing ? 

Thanks again!

Yes, you are missing if you use a Brembo you must use brake fluid. If you do that the seal in the Magura slave will swell, distort and stop doing its job. The 2 systems are not interchangeable unfortunately. As far as I am aware you cannot get a Brembo slave for your year of 200. You can also use an 85SX master up to 2012 although they bounced between 9 and 10mm pistons while you have a 9.5. Would still work though.  What's wrong with the master you have just now? Bob

Edited by 7Tktm