Who wants to see some carnage?????

I know this is not a yammi product, it is actually a 08 Polaris Dragon 700 snowmobile I was riding at 5800ft when she let go in Whittier Alaska many years ago, which miraculously I was able to get back to the parking lot without a running engine. (Should of rode it off the cliff at this point and claimed insurance but I am honest guy so........ 

With all these look at my cylinder threads lol I have something that will blow your &%$#@!ing minds.  Just look at this.  

IMG_1835.JPG

IMG_1836.JPG

IMG_1837.JPG

IMG_1838.JPG

IMG_1839.JPG

IMG_1840.JPG

IMG_1841.JPG

IMG_1842.JPG

IMG_1843.JPG

IMG_1844.JPG

IMG_1845.JPG

IMG_1846.JPG

IMG_1847.JPG

IMG_1848.JPG

IMG_1849.JPG

IMG_1850.JPG

IMG_1851.JPG

IMG_1852.JPG

IMG_1853.JPG

IMG_1854.JPG

Edited by Alaskan Hiker
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ltlhondarida125 said:

So it runs off one piston?

Kind of yes. I was loosing a bunch power so I pulled a redneck compression test with my thumb and I had barely any wasn't even blowing my thumb off the hole. But, where we were there was no way of pulling it up and out of the valley. So we decided to run it as far as possible. Limping it. Bad idea......

55 minutes ago, Alaskan Hiker said:

Kind of yes. I was loosing a bunch power so I pulled a redneck compression test with my thumb and I had barely any wasn't even blowing my thumb off the hole. But, where we were there was no way of pulling it up and out of the valley. So we decided to run it as far as possible. Limping it. Bad idea......

Bad idea?! Let’s see, youre out here in the frozen Alaskan tundra and it’s beginning to make a funny noise. I wouldn’t care if it erupted into a flaming ball of aluminum as long as it kept that damn track turning long enough to get me back to something that came with a heater.  I once ran a Detroit Diesel for 75 miles on 5 and 1/2 cylinders just so I wouldn’t have to tow it. Motor was toast anyway, so...  That’s what I would call a good snowmobile!!

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

4 hours ago, Smoking 2's said:

I have a YZ cylinder just like that in the garage and FYI either power seal or millinium said it's repairable if you have the piece LOL but the rest of it.....WOW

Yup, and thank god it was June 8th when we were riding it was 60 degrees outside.  But we were a long wayyyyyyyy in the back.  It took some good time getting her out.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, beezer said:

I remember when I had to ride out on a bike with torn graphics.

That's when you find out what you're made of.

Yah, I have had a good blow out. But I rode her home on the rim until the ride had been finished and we were both happy. 

Oh, wait... Wrong type of topic. 

41 minutes ago, YZDOC said:

Yah, I have had a good blow out. But I rode her home on the rim until the ride had been finished and we were both happy. 

Oh, wait... Wrong type of topic. 

Sorry.......  Just figured kids today can see what could happen when you push something that is failing to the absolute limit!  For example: that person that says the kicker was stuck, so I kept kicking and kicking till......  Oh shit the crank is bent lol.

Desperate times, desperate measures....  Especially when riding on a glacier.  You know what is more daunting than that?  Is when you have to come down the mountain without engine braking, and your buddy is sitting at the edge of the drop off which was a 2000 ft drop off to let you know that is the Point of No Return if you cannot stop.  (Jump)

Edited by Alaskan Hiker