2020 KTM690 smc-r staring stabilizer

...Why waste you money?   Get the suspension setup for your weight, and then you're golden.  On the street, a steering stabilizer is a band-aid fix for a poorly setup suspension.  

Obviously I'm ignoring off-road situations where ruts create issues that stabilizers address.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

I've been riding off road my whole life,  Grew up on dirt bikes and quads, I'm new to the street and just thought that was a crucial component that was needed. I'll definitely look into the whole suspension set up, just thought  A steering stabilizer with something that you wanted for the street, Thank you for the info.

Edited by Chris Long

15 hours ago, zibbit u2 said:

Nope, it's imbedded into the plastic.  No way to remove the graphic on the side shrouds.  Only notable exception is the tail section, the little 690 SMC-R are stick on decals.

7 hours ago, zibbit u2 said:

No I don't believe so.  If you're just wanting to go white, you could pickup some plain white vinyl from any sign shop and wrap the plastics.

31 minutes ago, zibbit u2 said:

...Why waste you money?   Get the suspension setup for your weight, and then you're golden.  On the street, a steering stabilizer is a band-aid fix for a poorly setup suspension.  

Obviously I'm ignoring off-road situations where ruts create issues that stabilizers address.

Stabilizer is a backstop.  Set up the suspension proper first.  Then if you want a stabilizer go for it.  I have never needed a stabilizer on a SM bike though. On a lightweight supermoto they can actually make things worse.

• Helpful 1